Passover Coke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passover Coke!

It's Passover time! Which means it's time to stock up on Kosher Coke and reap the benefits of real sugar in your coke! I just picked up two 2-liter bottles! w00t!

I'll probably pick up some more later too

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, Coke, as well as every soft drink in the last 10 or so years, stopped using sugar in place of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). HFCS is by far less healthier for you, and tastes much worse than sugar, as well as having a poor aftertaste. They use HFCS because the US government subsidizes corn production (of which, the overwhelming majority is used to make HFCS), resulting in HFCS being much cheaper than real sugar.

You can spot the "real" coke by looking for the yellow bottle caps. The ones I found have a circled U with a P (for Passover) next to it. Also the product number has a "P" at the end. Also, you can check the ingredients list to find "SUCROSE" listed instead of HFCS.

-a

good info, i'm a huge fan of sugar and coca cola in general. Pepsi blows pole.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The P is not technically for Passover, it is for Parve, or Kosher for Passover.

Your Judaism lesson has been dispensed.

Mike
      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Fair enough!

-a

Comment

give me the fukkin' sugar or hit the bricks.

Comment

The only time I actually drink a sugar soda is when I am so hungover I can't open my eyes and I need a sugar and caffeine boost.

Nothing makes you fatter faster than sugar sodas.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
              The only time I actually drink a sugar soda is when I am so hungover I can't open my eyes and I need a sugar and caffeine boost.

Nothing makes you fatter faster than sugar sodas.

Mike
              Wrong, nothing makes you fatter faster than HFCS sodas.
              However, sugar will rot your teeth faster!

PS, you're getting hung over off what? Beer? How many beers? And you're worried about SODA making you fat?

-a

Comment

i'm never going to be fat. bring on the sugar, and lots of it.

Comment

Hell, I knew I was Jewish. I just bought 7 packages of Hebrew National beef hotdogs at 99 cents per pack. I was kidding the butcher that I was going Kosher.
                  Last edited by fett; 04-05-2006, 05:13 PM.
                  I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Freaking diabetic here. So, it's Diet Coke with Splenda for me.

Alvin
                    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin_Wilson
                      Freaking diabetic here. So, it's Diet Coke with Splenda for me.

Alvin
                      I have an I am proud of me story. I was sitting at my desk at a branch of Charles Schwab. There were people in the lobby area. I see this older guy just start spacing out. I go over to him and ask if he needs some sugar. I am not really sure what made me do that. And he says "Yes".I got him a sugared soda. And it saved his day. Do you think I got any credit for saving the guy's life?NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! But, I know I did good and the guy came back and thanked me. That's all I really needed.

Comment

You scared me for a moment. I thought you were talking about kosher diesel press.
                        _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Good for you, Fett. I hope the guy realises the sacrifice which you made. That cola financially, took you 1% further away from your next guitar purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                          You scared me for a moment. I thought you were talking about kosher diesel press.
                          _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Good for you, Fett. I hope the guy realises the sacrifice which you made. That cola financially, took you 1% further away from your next guitar purchase.
                          That was a cheap shot. I told the story to make others aware. Not happy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HoWheels
                            Wrong, nothing makes you fatter faster than HFCS sodas.
                            However, sugar will rot your teeth faster!

PS, you're getting hung over off what? Beer? How many beers? And you're worried about SODA making you fat?

-a
                            I don't drink beer, it just makes me sleepy, bloated and gives me mudbutt..plus, it will make you fatter than sugar sodas.

I drink Vodka...alot of Vodka.

Mike

Comment

{quote}That was a cheap shot. I told the story to make others aware. Not happy at all.{/quote}

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be. You have been quite prolific in your ability to acquire inexpensive guitars. It was honestly not meant to offend. My apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X