Why so many guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many guitars

I have been buying and selling guitars for over 20 years, Why? I'm not sure. Other than it beats paintings on the wall. But, now I have found the guitar that is the "Keeper". It took a long time. Lot's of $200's, but this is "IT". Has anyone else found the "one"? Now, I have a whole trailer full of "also rans".
    I am a true ass set to this board.

I've been through a few guitars in my almost 2-years playing and I've been lucky enough to find two that I truly bond with and can honestly say I'll never sell except under extreme circumstances.

I dont know if there is a "one" out there for me somewhere, but I'm extremely pleased with the two I have.

Comment

I've been palying for over 20+ years now and I have two guitar I use all the time.
      My 1987 Ibanez RG550/560 and my 2004 PC1... two totaly different beasts, but both have their own purpose.
      I fell in love with my PC1 before I even played a single note on it.. it just felt right.
      All the others are just nice to have and mess around with and experiment.
      -Rick

Comment

So which one is "The one"? Also, take that one and your next favorite one to keep, and resell the rest of them. Hell, you might even make money on some of 'em!
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Once you find "the one" you usually end up selling off a good portion of your guitars... When I found mine, I ended up selling nearly a dozen guitars.

Sadly, I sold it back to the kid who I bought it from because his mom helped him pay for it, and she passed away. He was feeling really sentimental, so I sold it back to him.

Now I don't have a #1, but I do have my #2 and #3 guitars left... my custom Strathead and custom Warrior, with 2 CS guitars on the way. Hopefully one of them will become my new #1.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
            So which one is "The one"? Also, take that one and your next favorite one to keep, and resell the rest of them. Hell, you might even make money on some of 'em!
            It's the USA Kramer Pacer Special I just bought for $150. I have big hands and the neck fits just right. It's thick; wide and flat at the same time. The single hum has a 3-way split. It's just the "ONE".

Comment

That was cool of you to do that for him; I still have my first Gibson, a beatup '65 SG, because my mom helped me get it. It symbolized her accepting that I was into music after years of her being deadset against me playing. I was desperate about this time last year and sold it, then my money situation improved. The guy who bought it was kind enough to sell it back to me, too. I didn't really even know him, it was an Ebay deal, but after the fact I'd emailed him and mentioned that AFTER I sold it I'd gotten another source of $. He emailed back and said, well, the neck was too small for his hands, if I wanted it back he'd sell it back. My mom, of course, passed away in 1983, so the same sentiment was there like you describe.

So kudos for doing that, I can really respect it.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'll keep, at least, my 1A and my firecrackle Predator.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                  It's the USA Kramer Pacer Special I just bought for $150. I have big hands and the neck fits just right. It's thick; wide and flat at the same time. The single hum has a 3-way split. It's just the "ONE".
                  Cool! I had a mutt with a Pacer neck that I really dug, and it was a cheap put-together too. Got the neck with tuners and Floyd nut for $100, then got the body - a Jackson trad Strat body with OFR and loaded with an EMG 81 in the bridge and EMG SA in the neck - for $125 out of the Recycler. So I bought a jack, Dremeled a hole for a battery compartment which I covered with a small Radio Shack project box cover (anodized aluminum; I bought a large project box too, to use the anodized aluminum back panel from that as the trem cavity plate) and for less than $250 had a screaming mutt! Wish I hadn't had to sell that one, but when you need the dough the gear's like your reserve bank account! Anyway, it had a nice meaty neck that I liked - you could play anything from metal to classical on the wide but thin neck. So congrats on finding your #1`baby!
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Yea. It is cool. Maybe if I change the sticker to "Charvel" I'll feel better.

Comment

I hope I never have to sell my LPC!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
                        I hope I never have to sell my LPC!
                        You will know when it's the "one". There are lesser things you can sell.

Comment

I have two that are "the ones" lol, they are the cheapest ones I own. One is my Model 2 and the other is a...*cough*peavey tracer*cough* single hum, v-trem. I know, I know, laugh it up, but I totally dig this guitar. Got it off of Ebay for $89 if i recall.
                          I still keep practicing though.... Mostly because I hate my neighbors.-MakeAJazzNoiseHere

Comment

I don't have the money yet to buy my "the one".. which is probably a strat of some sort.

Right now my #1 guitar is my washburn CS780. I'll never sell that one and I'll never sell my first guitar (squier strat), which I still use a lot too.
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I have a SL2H snakeskin and a Fender Yngwie Malmsteen SIgnature model. Very different but very cool at the same time. I never had the money growing up to get what I want so I have to make up for lost time.

Comment

Working...
                              X