No announcement yet.

Why so many guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a late 70's Fender Strat in Antigua that I loved to death, and regrettably sold it about 10-11 years ago. That damn thing played so unbelievable!! I installed a Floyd on it and with the OBL stacked pickup, that guitar ROCKED!!! It looked..... rough, but damn it was a player. Now my favorite is my Jackson SL2 Copperhead. It is just so damn pretty!
    Last edited by JacksonRob; 04-06-2006, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I'm at around 17. I have plural "the one"s. In other words, there are 5 guitars that I will not part with, that I like for different reasons. The KV1 serves a different purpose to the Aria Pro.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        I guess my number one back then was my Kramer Pacer.
        It seems that alot of JCF'rs number ones are Kramers!
        I'll say this, The info on Kramers is as complete as it could possibly be. I knew I had a good guitar. But that's all I knew. After searching the web, I got all the info I needed. It makes the J/C database pretty weak in comparison. But we keep getting better.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

i am still looking for a guitar that i can call 'the one'. i suppose that i will buy it maked with my own preference.

Comment

That's the D-Lemma. You have to try jillions of them because that's how many there are. Other than being a cheap bastard, I wouldn't order a custom guitar to my specs because I would have to see it and handle it before I ordered it. Catch 22. Also, I have heard a lot of stories about custom guitars that don't meet expectations. So, for now I have found some dudes "one" guitar and now it's mine. That is, until I find another "one" .
            I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
              My "ONE"

duuuuuuuudee...i'm in love
              that's pretty how my dean looks, minus the sharkfin inlays....but well, jackson>>dean

Comment

after years of getting ripped off through part-exing, i simply won't part with any gear now. it's all down to whether you can afford to have something and whether you still have to sell something else to get it. i miss my dxmg, which i exchanged for a gt-8. and as much as i'm happy i got the full value (gt-8 + £50 credit), i still hate myself for dumping her. but i am NOT selling my wrmg to get her back. if and when i settle down (ahem), i will actually save up and buy her again. this is starting to sound too familiar...
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I have a "one" for sentimental reasons and what I hope will be THE ONE.

The sentimental one is the first real decent electric I got. My mom incidentally helped on that one and its also my first Jackson.

THE ONE I hope is my custom shop Death Angel (in production). If it feels as comfortable as my Kelly then it will be THE ONE. I don't forsee selling either of these, but in extreme circumstances perhaps, there are more important things in life than guitars. The other guitars I have will be rotating out over the years I imagine. I love my Charvel 750xl but I wouldn't be opposed to trading it for a San Dimas Reissue III or IV in Koa or some other guitar I really want. Its hard to say on my other axe, since I am in the process of tweaking it out. I have a Pau Ferro/Kingwood neck coming from Warmoth and its possible the neck might be so good I wouldn't want to trade it. But its more likely that I would part out the body and keep the neck in that case. My acoustic is gonna go soon, I just don't use it enough, if I could find one of those surfcaster shaped Charvel acoustics that is what I might replace it with or maybe just go with another electric. I have some wiggle room in my collection if something comes along that I want but I don't have any high dollar guitars to trade currently. Its also possible the acoustic will be sold to finance my Custom Shop Charvel that I want to get. I suspect its going to be expensive, maybe even as much as my Death Angel because of the woods. Of course I don't have a big collection of guitars, nor should I in my opinion. I am not a particularly good guitarist, maybe if I had stuck with it I would have been, I do however love guitars as works of art and I love to play for fun so I see nothing wrong with owning a few guitars each with different vibes. But I don't see my collection ever going into double digits unless I win the lottery or something.
                  Last edited by Chrisb; 04-07-2006, 06:42 PM.

Comment

My 'ONE' will always be my spanish classical guitar, a Framus from '72.

There's not such thing as too many guitars, btw.
                    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

My "two":

Comment

I wanna pour chocolate all over that white charvie, call it a bounty and eat it! It looks way too good!

-------

Oh yeah Quakana: what number is that?
                        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                        X