House/Wedding updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House/Wedding updates

The sheetrock is up in the upstairs and the downstairs framing is done. They taped everything yesterday and the house will be ready to paint next week. We are doing the painting, so it should be fun. We are also doing all the exterior work except the siding. I am doing all the low voltage termination. I will have a certificate of occupancy around the 22nd of may. My grandfather's funeral is about a week after that up in the northern part of the state I have to drive 3 hours to go to the funeral, then drive back 3 hours to work on my house. Between the 22nd and the 12th of June, which is the date we are supposed to close on the house, we have to get moved in, take care of all our name changing and address changing, put up all the exterior brick, lay the driveway, and stay on top of our wedding stuff. The wedding is on June 10th and I am pretty excited. Invitations are going out in a day or two and we are about half way done with our pre marital counceling.

I am pretty excited! Lots of stuff is happening and lots of things are changing. Seeing my own house being built is pretty cool. It is costing and is going to cost a lot of time, patience, and money, but I am excited. There have been no major meltdowns of any kind thus far. Our builder (who happens to be my future father in law) almost ordered the wrong wood for the floors but we quickly took care of that. The only thing I can say is I am glad I was not doing anything important that day lol. We chose a natural spalted maple. I thought to myself, "Hey, they finish guitars with this kind of wood".. Lets face it, those spalted maple Jacksons were pretty cool.

So ya, any advice for a 22 year old in this stage?

GMS
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

you will be thankful you applied the 3rd coat.

Comment

Dude, you shure have your hands full.
      Look for an extra large toilet flush tank, you are going to need it. Trust me.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Sounds like everything's going good for ya, congrats man. No meltdowns sounds like a freakin dream. The people in my family panic at the smallest thing, it's good to keep a level head. As for advice, hell man, I'm your age, I know less than you do All I can do is wish ya luck dude, so good luck to both of ya

- Irf -

Comment

Over 250 sheets of dry wall in my place after all was said and done..

I do NOT want to do that again..

Good luck man!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You must have it together better than I did at 22. At 30, I'm still living in a 1BR apartment, which bothers me less than it does my wife. If I lived on the north side of town where you are, I probably would have bought a house years ago, but "down south" where I live/work now, affordable options are pretty limited.

Good luck with that full plate!
            sigpic

Comment

Bill,

I hated doing drywall. I did some for a friend's house and I really did not like it. I can handle painting and landscaping, but I did not like drywalll. I am glad someone else did it.

Zone,

I would say I have different priorities than other people. This is what I have chosen to do instead of pursuing Division 1 hockey or a band... actually I have sold most of my gear. Hockey is pretty much the only thing I can consistently do that fits with my schedule, plus it is a great form of exercise. (plus stopping all the guys who are older than me makes me feel better about myself hehe.)

Her and I both work long days and we have given up pretty much everything that can be trimmed off for our marriage and house. With so many marriages ending in divorce, we want to make sure we do things as correctly as we possibly can. I still have time for hockey and she still has time for her hobbies. I would like to play in a band and own some of the gear I had, but all that is replaceable. To me, marriage was the most worthwhile pursuit so it is what I put all my time, money, and effort into.

Last time I checked, Under Eden is getting pretty big around here. I know I am only 22, but there are a lot of my peers in bands that are doing something. I would give a lot to be in your shoes bro. We are not living lavish and fabulous lives, but we are doing things we like to do and making ends meet.

GMS
              Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
              The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Working...
              X