X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my new PC!

...and the DSL is hooked up!

Just giving you guys ample warning
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

and you bought a....?

Comment

laptop or deskhell?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Dell desktop, Dimension E310

Comment

I just delivered a Dell Dimension 3100 to a customer and i was surprised how good build quality it was and how silent it ran. I think it's basically the same as your E310.
          Henrik

Comment

Yeah I wanted the 3100; they wouldn't sell me one, the E310 is the home PC version; it is VERY quiet! I also got a 17" LCD as a free upgrade.

Comment

I think i'll stop custom building machines for customers. It simply doesn't pay off. And the Dell you got is really nice and quiet. The cabinet looks like a Formula One car and is build like it too. And one year collect and return i think.

You get a cheaper and faster machine by custom building but 99% of my customers doesn't give a ratts ars* anyway.

This new Dell ain't exactly gonna put a lid on your post count, is it?
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                ...and the DSL is hooked up!

Just giving you guys ample warning
                so whatya want, a cookie?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                  This new Dell ain't exactly gonna put a lid on your post count, is it?

Comment

Oh man dude, I told my sister about this deal. She had to call to see if she would get approved for the $40 a month, and when she was done, she went from $400 to $1300! Either that Indian guy pretending to be "Brian" was a damn good salesman or my sister is a schmuck, and I think it's a little of both. Ah well, enjoy

Comment

so we should expect more spelling and grammar corrections now?
                      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well I stopped doing that a long time ago

Maybe I'll write a separate thread for you?

Comment

Just got my new PC!

> I just built a new machine myself. I got a 64 bit Athlon 3200+,Asus board and an Asus 6600GT video card,a gig of Corsair XMS-XLPT RAM with 2-2-2-5 timing,a DVD burner and 2 120 gig WD Caviar drives set up in a RAID system. The case and power supply are Thermaltake,with upgraded heatsink/coolers for both the CPU and video card. It consistently scores between 90-100K on Crystal Mark 3D,and hasn't even stuttered yet playing Battlefield 2 and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch online. I put all this together for less than 800 bucks by shopping online,got it in 3 days with free shipping and no 9.75% Tennessee sales tax. According to most of my tech-head friends,a machine that runs this good would cost at least 2 grand from Dell or 4 grand from Alienware. It even generally runs better than my friends 2k SLi rig. Tommy D.
                          "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

"9.75% Tennessee sales tax"

Holy Crap! I thought 8.25 was too much! Please tell me you guys don't have a state income tax too.

Yup, it's hard to beat a cheap dell for web surfing and light gaming. It's when you get into stuff that needs lot's of juice you ought to build your own. That box should do you well for a long time. If you want to game, xbox 360 or PS3 when it comes out - I am tired of trying to keep up with $200 video cards for $40 games.
                            When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I am running a Dell Dimension 4800 C...anyone wanna take it off my hands?...it's a royal POS!!

It's got a deeply buried CMOS issue, and I can't find it to save my life. Well it doesn't cause the blue screen 'o death, but it has another nasty little lockup problem. The problem "seizes" the graphics card, and takes the entire computer down with it. I know what you guys are going to say...and I've checked it all...and gone over it with a fine-tooth comb.

Can't find the issue, so I don't even want to bother anymore.

I'll pay someone to take it....LOL! (j/k of course)

Comment

Working...
                              X