Just got my new PC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TommyD
    > I just built a new machine myself. I got a 64 bit Athlon 3200+,Asus board and an Asus 6600GT video card,a gig of Corsair XMS-XLPT RAM with 2-2-2-5 timing,a DVD burner and 2 120 gig WD Caviar drives set up in a RAID system. The case and power supply are Thermaltake,with upgraded heatsink/coolers for both the CPU and video card. It consistently scores between 90-100K on Crystal Mark 3D,and hasn't even stuttered yet playing Battlefield 2 and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch online. I put all this together for less than 800 bucks by shopping online,got it in 3 days with free shipping and no 9.75% Tennessee sales tax. According to most of my tech-head friends,a machine that runs this good would cost at least 2 grand from Dell or 4 grand from Alienware. It even generally runs better than my friends 2k SLi rig. Tommy D.
    I think Ron will be very pleased to read this and make him feel happy with his new Dell... Nice input! (not).
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Does this mean you can finally see that Rhoads disc,Ron??
      Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Ron, did you open it up and look for Chinese parts?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats Ron!!!! Now you're making me want to upgrade my old POS. I knew you'd get a Dell! (I think we talked about that, no?). I'll likely get about the same thing in the near future. Very well built machines, and a lot of bang for the buck.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

warning noted. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by stevieb91
              Does this mean you can finally see that Rhoads disc,Ron??
              I found 'em, but I couldn't view the one, are you saying one is a video?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X