X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

youtube not working. arrrrgggggg

Comment

Yourtube is down for maintenance....

Graveworm is black metal. Just because they have a new album that isn't as stereotypical black metal doesn't change the band's overall influence. :p
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Thank you.

And So Sayeth the Xeno..

Black + Satan + Blast beats + "demonic" vocal style = Black Metal..

That's right, I forgot TRUE Black metal is supposed to sound like it was taped on a Fisher Price "sing and play" recorder..

Played by guys with spaghetti arms wearing spikes, gauntlets and corpes paint..that is SO "Satanic"...

NOT!!!:ROTF:

BTW...ummm Satan NEVER wore Corpse paint...I personally know him..he's not that GAY!!:ROTF: :ROTF:

Bill Z Bub
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Youtube is up again.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul
            now take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-KOP...arch=graveworm

same band, but older more black metal song. how do you like it?

same chick headbanging

Again, cool video, great song, great playing, nice groove... if they only had a singer. I would really like this band if they had a singer. Lead vocals like that are actually laughable to me.... and don't give me that "you try to sing like that" kind of shit. Thats not singing. Not even close. Its just vocal cord abuse. I AM SO GLAD I GREW UP IN THE 70's AND THE 80's. If singers sounded like that when I was growing up I might have stuck to the clarinet and the piano.

Comment

Black Metal fans are among some of the most precious I've ever encountered. They defend it the most vehemently of any metal subgenre, but spend all their time arguing amongst themselves about what qualifies as TROO Black Metal. Where did troo come from anyway? It always makes me think of Groo The Wanderer. http://www.groo.com/

eg "did you hear what the drummer did in the 3rd upbeat of the bar immediately before the prechorus? That's not Black Metal!"
              Hail yesterday

Comment

G ..you are so right man!!

what's with these Black Metal dudes..Hey I love all Metal including Black metal..

Some dudes' REALLY like their Black metal and NOTHING but black metal..

That's OK I guess..but I'd much rather listen to a great Power metal band than a lame Black or Death metal band ..and visa versa..versa visa..

I'm loyal to "metal" but not solely the genre!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I must agree, good metal is good metal. I think I'm going to say that most black sounds the same. It's kinda bland. However, when a black metal "great" comes out, it is truly great!

IE Progenies of the Great Apocolypse. Truly the most musical and orgasmic peice of music I have ever heard. Her Ghost in the Fog was also truly incredible, and was responsible for my getting into the scene. Black metal covers also seem to be really good to, very musical. I love the whole metal thinking it's an orchestra sound. Graveworm's cover of "Fear of the Dark" was very good. Very dynamic, and cleverly arranged. Same goes for Cradle's "Hallowed be thy Name". There are times where I want to hear Cradle's version over Iron Maiden's version more!

So, why do the names Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth come up most when you hear black metal? Most of it is easy on the ears, at least for black metal. Most of their stuff was produced really well. Of course the old stuff was pretty sloppy, but wasn't everyones. They don't stick with blastbeating all the fucking way through! Dynamics!

Maybe I'm not the black metal fan I thought I was. I'm a Cradle and Dimmu fan, I'll give you that. Some of the shit that Graveworm has put out is great too. I just picked up Immortal and Emperor yesterday. Immortal's production, as what appears to be a usual, was pretty shitty. Emperor's was better, but is incredibly bland so far. Immortal was fucking bland too. I've been wondering when the hell the first song is going to end and look down at the LCD to discover that I'm on track 3! Boring as fuck!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    Taste of my own medicine, eh, Rob?
                    Heh!

Originally posted by jgcable
                    Back in the days when metal was really metal vocals like that would receive "launched tomatoes".
                    John, this vocal styling has been around since the early 80's. It is an extreme genre. That's the beauty of the internet, I guess, it gives everyone the chance to discover / listen to underground extreme music.

Originally posted by metallicarocks
                    Maybe I'm not the black metal fan I thought I was. I'm a Cradle and Dimmu fan, I'll give you that. Some of the shit that Graveworm has put out is great too. I just picked up Immortal and Emperor yesterday. Immortal's production, as what appears to be a usual, was pretty shitty. Emperor's was better, but is incredibly bland so far. Immortal was fucking bland too. I've been wondering when the hell the first song is going to end and look down at the LCD to discover that I'm on track 3! Boring as fuck!
                    Perhaps you're just not a black metal fan and more into the symphonic elements that are incorporated into Dimmu Borgir's and Cradle Of Filth's music?

Comment

Symphonic Metal, yeah. I like that part of it better than the vox.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I saw Cradle Of Filth three times..VERY cool live!!

Dimmu's bus broke down in Winsconsin with Nevermore..Their sound was terrible at Ozzfest..the guitars were non existent..all you heard was keys and vox..I like their albums tho..

Immortal was kinda gay live..I like their albums tho..

Behemoth was OK live..I like their albums better tho..

Comment

Probably my favorite black metal band that I've seen was Inqusition. Heavy and evil as hell. Satyricon was pretty good, though they played a lot of bad songs. I saw Cradle Of Filth once and thought they were pretty bad. Seen Dimmu 3 times... First time they were really boring and had terrible sound, second time they were great, third time I walked out after the 4th song.

Comment

The inquistion..Cool..I must check them out..

I will list a few of my BM faves..

Thy Serpent, Dark Throne, Belphegor, Naglfar, old mans child, Emperor, Mayhem , Satyricon, Immortal, Akercocke, COF, Dimmu, Dark Funeral, Ancient, Arcturus, Borknager, Bathory, Behemoth, DarK Fortress, Graveworm, Finntroll, Covenant, Impaled Nazerine..I guess some of that's BM, Midvinter, Susperia, Suidakra, Early Samael, Rotting Christ, Twighlight Opera, Merdian..and so on..I give up..

Comment

Perhaps you're just not a black metal fan and more into the symphonic elements that are incorporated into Dimmu Borgir's and Cradle Of Filth's music?
                              You've nailed my need for words directly on the head. Symphonic metal, gotta be my favorite. This is why I couldn't explain Nightwish and COF being so much the same...

Nightfuckingwish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nightwishrocks, hmmm... sounds like it could work. Rolls of the tongue better than cradleoffilthrocks, or dimmuborgirrocks.

Thy Serpent, Dark Throne, Belphegor, Naglfar, old mans child, Emperor, Mayhem , Satyricon, Immortal, Akercocke, COF, Dimmu, Dark Funeral, Ancient, Arcturus, Borknager, Bathory, Behemoth, DarK Fortress, Graveworm, Finntroll, Covenant, Impaled Nazerine..I guess some of that's BM, Midvinter, Susperia, Suidakra, Early Samael, Rotting Christ, Twighlight Opera, Merdian..and so on..I give up..
                              Where do you get all of this stuff? I've been looking for some of those for a while, and it takes forever to get that shit, usually just to be disappointed. Suidakra for example. Did you buy it straight from Arkadius himself? It's hard enough just to find someone to download some samples from for God's sake!

Comment

I got most of that stuff thru the years from from two main distro source.. www.centurymedia.com and at The End records..

Some I found while hunting for metal at my used cd places..sometimes I get lucky and find one for 5 bucks..

Nightwish is awesome..symphonic metal..wow where do I begin..that sure covers alot of ground including black, prog and power metal..like Rhapsody..that's like disney music and shit..Symphony X put out shit like that too...Dimmu's last one sounded like the Hellraiser soundtrack..COF is the bomb when it comes to symphonic shit..the dark stuff anywho..

Comment

Working...
                                X