Anyone ever wash a gig bag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever wash a gig bag?

In a washing machine? I got one with a guitar I bought off a friend that smells like smoke and it's pissing me off.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Try spraying it with Febreeze...that stuff works wonders.

Comment

Try spraying it with Febreeze...that stuff works wonders.

Comment

Take it to a dry cleaner. They can clean it.
        Fabreeze will only hide the smell for a day or two.
        -Rick

Comment

Take it to a dry cleaner. They can clean it.
          Fabreeze will only hide the smell for a day or two.
          -Rick

Comment

Yeah, I suppose it's worth a try before taking the risk of screwing it up.
            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose it's worth a try before taking the risk of screwing it up.

Comment

You'll screw it up more than likely. I did it once because my friend's cat pissed all over it. The foam on the inside shrunk up into a ball leaving me with a thing layer of very unprotecting (vinyl?).

Unless it looks sturdy, don't do it. If it's a cheapy, I'll buy you a case if the washer doesn't fuck it up!

Comment

freebreeze is your best bet..try it on a small section of it ..to make sure it won't discolor/stain ..

maybe wipe it down with a little lysol spray..I wipe my kid's gig bag with all his "ripe" wrestling gear in it..seems to do the trick!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X