Taking an airline trip? Check this site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking an airline trip? Check this site

Cool! You can check seating charts on all the airlines and plane types...it gives dimensions and tips on the desirable seats....also lots of info on each airline

http://www.seatguru.com/
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Be aware that some airlines like Northworst are starting to charge extra for so-called "desirable" seats in coach, such as exit rows and possibly bulkhead seats. It's thought that some, if not most, of the other legacy carriers will follow suit at some point.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

thanks for sharing - I travel about 50% of the time for work and while I know what I prefer, I might get some extra insight from this.

Comment

The only way to go is from the front seat of my airline

Comment

Originally posted by hgsmith
          The only way to go is from the front seat of my airline

Who do you fly for? I was in the 121 world in both flying and non-flying jobs before heading to the fractional-jet game. And I do sometimes enjoy when the company lets us take one of the jets home.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

another good tip for getting those good seats is to use the online check-in if you can - most airlines let you use it only within 24 hours of flight time, which is also when they open up the exit row seats, so if you check in online then and pick your seat, you often get first shot at an exit row (has worked well for me)

Comment

Bump for Emthrax!

Comment

Oh sweet!
                Thanks Ron! You ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                  another good tip for getting those good seats is to use the online check-in if you can - most airlines let you use it only within 24 hours of flight time, which is also when they open up the exit row seats, so if you check in online then and pick your seat, you often get first shot at an exit row (has worked well for me)
                  Yea, when you book online, if you have membership with the airline, you get to choose exact seat you want.
                  I'd always choose the first seat of Economy so I get to smell food of First class.

Comment

I found another cool site:

http://www.airlinemeals.net/

On this website air passengers submit pictures of airline food, telling you what the meal was and how good or bad it is. There are also pictorial articles about meal catering prep, what the crew eats, first class menus, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X