I'm in pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm in pain

I got shingles and man do they hurt. I'm taking Lyrica right now but I don't notice a difference. Anybody here ever had shingles. Doc say's that they last about 4-6 weeks.
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

This page says 3-5 weeks

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/s...s/shingles.htm
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, I had shingles yeaaaars ago when I was about 14.
      I would rather go through childbirth than EVER go through that again!
      I soooo feel for ya man. I have a very high pain tolerance too, and those shingles kicked my ass bad!
      I remember it was the absolute worst for the first few days ( I seriously thought I was going to die), then after the meds kicked in it got better. I know I was on Darvocet... I don't remember the others.
      Whatever you do, do NOT use Calamine lotion! Oh God... HELL.

Feel better, man.
      And don't pick at the shingles either. Just don't. Man.... hang in there the best you can.

-Em

Comment

btw... it was a few days after meds that I started to feel relief... didn't clear up totally for about a month, yeah.

Comment

Well I'm on Lyrica for the Pain. It's used to Gunshot and Stab wound victems, as well as shingles. Can't say that it has made much of a difference though. To treat the virus I'm on Zovirax.

I also have a pretty high tolarance for pain. So far it hasn't been terribly bad, just very very uncomfortable. There certain times of the day that it gets worse, and right now seems to be pretty bad. Maybe my pain medication is wearing off.

Worse part is I don't have insurance so I'm paying out of pocket. Luckily, I live right on the mexican border so I am buying my medication in Mexico. Just one 2 oz cream of Acyclovir is $92 but only $4 in mexico.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I had the shingles about 7 years ago. One of the worst experiences of my life. Mid to late afternoon seemed worse pain wise. Mine were there for a little over a month if I remember correctly.

Comment

My mom has this..it sucks!!

Dude, I'm in pain everday of my life..Pain is my life..

I feel you ya..literally..: (

Take care..

PS..Misery loves company..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This seems to strike females more?

Comment

I think you're right Ron. Also, I think I read somewhere that they never go away? The virus is just dormant and may or may not act up again, because it's a form of the herpes virus. I may be mistaken, though.

Comment

My mother had them pretty bad. Not a nice thing to deal with. My cousin had them too.
                    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Dude, look what I posted on my thread..I cover alot of medical ground there..

Weed is THE only thing that helps elevate my mood..

There isn't a pill made out there that can do that..I tried them all..

Trust me, I been on the medical merry go round for over 5 years now..big time!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm convinced weed has medicinal uses...
                        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                          I'm convinced weed has medicinal uses...
                          S0 am I..No, it doesn't "kill" the pain..it's still there ..it just lifts your mood and helps you cope with it alot better..

I eat, Percs, Darvs, Vics, Oxys, xanax, Valium, Soma..you name it ..I eat it daily!!!

but nothing beats weed!

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                            I eat, Percs, Darvs, Vics, Oxys, xanax, Valium, Soma..you name it ..I eat it daily!!!

but nothing beats weed!
                            Yet you're still an angry mofo who flips everybody off all day long!

Yeah good plan there, Billzy!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                              Yet you're still an angry mofo who flips everybody off all day long!

Yeah good plan there, Billzy!
                              Yep, I do ALL of that shit, until I smoke some weed..then instead of beatin' the piss outta ya..I'd prolly opt to dry hump your leg..well it's the lesser of the evils anywhoo..

depending how ya look at it!

Comment

Working...
                              X