I'm in pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yabba
    some people just don't react well to pot; everyone's brain chemistry is slightly different and some people's just isn't a good mix with THC

I think that I agree, because I was a pretty mellow and happy until the wife showed up and realized that we were all smoking. She let me have it, you married guys know what I'm talking about. I guess she was afraid that I could become addicted. As soon, as she let me have it I pretty much had a panick attack.

There was about five of us that smoked with one of those guys being their first time ever. We all shared the same weed and I was the only one to trip out.
    Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn
      I am here to tell you it is absolutely possible. A few years back, smoked for the first time in a while, going to a Paerl Jam show, and was completely freaked the whole show. There was nothing dipped or special about it, it was just me and it was just plain old weed. I essentially swore off of it since that day.
      Wow, Shawn! Yikes!
      Okay... good to know, man.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
        Well how's *YOUR* brain?
        MY brain gets along quite well with weed, thankyouverymuch

but seriously, pot can definetely cause panic attacks in some people.

and nobody dips joints in acid. (high temps destroy most of the good stuff; you could probably get a bit of an effect, but it would be a major waste of acid...)

Comment

Agreed. Science has repeatedly shown that along with the increase in paranoia, panic attacks are also sometimes associated with weed use.

The only thing I've ever heard of weed being laced with is probably coke

Also, I had no idea there was such a large smoking crew on the JCF

Comment

Originally posted by paddok
            Agreed. Science has repeatedly shown that along with the increase in paranoia, panic attacks are also sometimes associated with weed use.

The only thing I've ever heard of weed being laced with is probably coke

Also, I had no idea there was such a large smoking crew on the JCF
            Must be a guitarist/musician thing.

Personally, I live on the border. Theres weed everywhere. No problem finding any here.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

I hear that in the Amsterdam pot bars, if you freak out while smoking they give you a big glass of sugar water to snap you out of it.
              P.S. Sorry to hear about the shingles.
              P.P.S. Back in 81, I matched a Mexican guy a joint at a party.
              Little did I know it was laced with angel dust.
              In about 15 min I was down on the ground, unable to speak or move.
              I knew what was going on, but my body didn't function.
              Pretty good high, but what a good party to waste it on.
              Last edited by finnman; 04-13-2006, 10:18 PM.

Comment

I've had weed trigger panic attacks. You just have to remember to take a xanax before you light up. Works for me.
                The Buzzard does not fear
                The man in riot gear
                Harvest a skull of stone
                The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Originally posted by paddok
                  ...and the apparent inability to spell "definitely"
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

sorry to hea r, and hopings the pmeds start working soon so you can start feeling better fast,,,,

Comment

It definitely causes severe panic attacks in some people. My wife is a nurse, and weed-induced panic attacks is a common cause of emergency room admissions, believe it or not. Some people think they are having heart attacks...

Comment

first things first; Shingles suck bad!, I've never had 'em but my wife just got over a bad case. 3 months!!! F'ng miserable shit. Yes its a strain of herpes virus, yes it can come back but usually never does much like chicken pox. Yes I had chicken pox TWICE. Bad cases both times. "One in a million", Dr. said. My sincerest sympathy to you. Secondly, Thc is a tricyclic coumpound, the same type of substance as LSD, Mescaline, Silly-cybin mushrooms and believe it or not, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine). Tricyclics are like a 3 way key.
                        The way they affect you depends on which key finds your receptors. They also change over time like an everlasting gobstopper.With that many variables in the equasion, panic attacks are a possibility. I am a thirty year veteran "herbalist" and know from experience. I quit for 16 months and on Christmas, got re-aquainted with my old buddy. NOT COOL! I acted like a 12 year old. Very embarrasing. Now everything is "two-toke". I'm rambling arent I? Once again, my sympathies.
                        Last edited by MadJack; 04-14-2006, 11:57 AM.
                        "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                          ...and the apparent inability to spell "definitely"

Comment

Wow, I just read up on what this was cause I never had em or knew what it was. Damn dude, hope ya recover quickly

Comment

one word man....dilaudid...if you can somehow get your doc to prescribe it....get it...you won't give two shits about the shingles anymore lol.
                              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

yeah but you CAN dip them in pure liquid opium.....wow man...just ...wow
                                I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
                                X