Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ayone else have this problem with an iPod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayone else have this problem with an iPod?

I went to listen to it this morning and when I went to music, it was blank. I checked the stats in settings and it said the memory from my music was all taken up, but none of it would show up. I just figured I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem. It's never done this before I updated the firmware.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

you may need to reset it.
    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

haven't had that issue yet; the ones i've had were battery related. can you delete stuff offa' there?
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I've had it happen on my wife's iPod mini.
        The drive/file system is corrupt.
        Download and run the current iPodupdater from Apple, re-format and then re-sync it with iTunes.
        Yes the stuff is still there, that's why you see the used space. It's just trashed and cannot be read.
        -Rick

Comment

A "funny" and informative iPod story from here in Denmark:

A guy with an iPod needed a holder for it, to be mounted in his car. He goes to a place where they deal with all kinds of cheap generic holders for mobile phones and stuff like that and they sell him a new and smart iPod holder to sit on the inside of the windscreen (suction discs).

The device has a smart surface (he is told) where the iPod can sit safely, held in place by heavy magnets. That's great he thinks and starts using the holder.

Now, the mix of heavy magnets and the interior of a hard drive is bad. Them poor little read-write arms and the electromagnets of the platter's motor, screwed the disc up completely.

He went to Apple but after hearing about his "iPod holder" they showed him the exit.
          Henrik
          AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I tried resetting it. I think it's the updated firmware, I don't like the way they set it up. I liked it more when holding menu turned on/off the light. I suppose I'll reformat it, but I figured I'd ask people first. I had a hard drive problem on my old 4th generation, it would always come up with a folder picture.
            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Working...
            X