Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuntinDoug
    Here is an email my wifes mom sent me:

A guy in St. Louis was driving to work on Hwy 144 when he heard a 'pop'. He thought it sounded like a flat tire, though his ride wasn't affected. After pulling over, checking the tires and finding them intact he opened the hood to find a rather large obstruction in/on the motor.

Is that car a Dodge Viper??

Comment

The video won't play.

Comment

The sad thing is the snake was an easy catch for the locals after if ate the hippo. The snake 'spit up' the hippo because of the stress and nature reactions to make itself more mobil to escape.

The sad thing is the locals most liklely just killed the snake to sell the skin. Two animals dead for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
          Ok..that one was fucked up...and it sucks that it happened, but the reason all those rattlers were in one spot, means it's where they used to den BEFORE the house was built there. Snakes are lifelong "residents" of where they den, even if it means sharing a residence with a human!

On the Philipines snake....I just said that...that's what these things do. If there's prey they can take, ONLY if they are hungry (they are NOT opportunistic BTW) they will...even if it IS a human.

It's nature....we're lower on the food chain than they arein SOME cases. I'm deathly afraid of being bitten by a shark, but they still amaze me to the point of awe and I'd still like to do the cage thing with them.
          Well, let me add sharks to the list of things that I'm a fraid of.

I don't go to the ocean so there's no fear of being bitten by one. They are amazing to watch though.

Snakes though just freak me out. I watch animal planet from time to time when they are doing snake shows and watching people who have them as pets is crazy to me.

Originally posted by FusionFarmer
          A big problem right now ia all the assholes who go buy these snakes when they still a managable size and end up turning em loose when they get really big and they get tired of taking care of em. its getting to be really bad in So. FL, I saw where they caught a 10 footer and put a homing beacon chip in it, and returned it to where they caught it. a week or so later they tracked it and found 10 other boas with him.
          I'll catch a wild snake here every now and then, either a king. corn or rat snake and put em in a large aquarium I have set up as a snake habitat, they actually get to the point where I can handle em quite easily, and the kids get a kick out of feeding em live mice (sick little buggers) I return em to the wild in the fall making sure they have eaten enough for a week or so. but thats a completely different thing than introducing a non native species into the environment.
          I saw that the other day too. I can respect peoples right to own them if that's what they choose, but turning massive snakes like that loose in the wild is plain old stupid and dangerous.
          Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by hammer84
            ... Two animals dead for no reason.
            I disagree... The hippo was dead because that big ass snake was hungry. :ROTF: j/k
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
              Is that car a Dodge Viper??

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdZ
                I'm deathly afraid of being bitten by a shark, but they still amaze me to the point of awe and I'd still like to do the cage thing with them.
                Let's do a pay-per-view thing with you and a shark in a cage together. Fight 'till death!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                  If that were your snake, you could have just added a little blue paint and finished my Dinky by now! :ROTF:
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                  X