Just some observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some observations

I was outside with my dog this morning telling her to hurry up and go to the bathroom. I suddenly realized that I have absolutely nothing to do today so why was I rushing her? I sat down in the grass while she took her time and when she was done we played and rolled around in the grass and when she got tired we both just layed down in the grass in the sun. It was awesome.

I went to Golden Corral's all you can eat breakfast buffet this morning and noticed that people seem to pile as much as they can onto 1 plate. It isn't all you can eat off of one plate. There are more plates on your table, why pile so much onto one plate?

Ok, I'm done, go about your normal lives now.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Dogs are cool.

Comment

I had a fun observation on my drummers mind yesterday.
      I broke the trem on my main axe yesterday, so I wasn't all that excited about rehearsal, and we decide to meet at my place and fool around with a GTP5 track we are working on.
      I often write down my ideas in this programm, since it trains my rythem understanding and I don't forget about it, once I noted it down.

anyway, he listened to the track I wrote and I knew he liked it.
      he said, well, I'd just get this part a little longer and that a little changed, but the main point that got me upset was he meant it was too much meedlymee for the riffing. too much meedlymee?!? how is that possible?!?
      anyway, I should reduce the meedlymee part or add some more riffing.

he got hungry, grabbed our bass player and drove to BK, and I was working on on the track.
      I repaired the two bars he fooled around with, extended the part he liked so it sounded right again (he just copied one bar and put it in another time, what brought the overall riff just out of flow), and had a coffee.
      when he was back, he was really excited about the track!!
      "yeah!! that's what I meant, now it's just right the meedlymee with the riffing, and everything. this is new, isn't it? woo I like this part!!"
      I just thought what's up with him?!?
      I changed two or three bars, was done in maybe 15 mins, and he was all about "how can you be that productive within an hour?" and thought the whole track was new?!?

I just shut up, since I'm happy he finally likes it, but I didn't change anything!!
      he just thinks that I built in all his "ideas" but actually it was just two or three bars and not the whole track!!

I want my drummer to be happy. a happy drummer is a good drummer, but you got a clue what this is about?!?
      maybe I should just present my ideas when he's had dinner already and is satisfied with his life and belly!!
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I hope you didn't roll around in dog poop.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
          I hope you didn't roll around in dog poop.
          heh, that was my first thought as well

Comment

Originally posted by micha
            meedlymee
            Is that the word he used?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
              Is that the word he used?
              jap! I tought him some usefull vocabulary already...
              still one of my favourite words!! I don't remember rellay who came up with it (matt?), but it describes it perfectly IMO.
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Whoever writes the Strongbad cartoon
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I relised that if I actually sit and conentrate on playing the guitar I don't sound like a drummer playing the guitar just a guy who sucks at guitar
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer
                    I went to Golden Corral's all you can eat breakfast buffet this morning and noticed that people seem to pile as much as they can onto 1 plate. It isn't all you can eat off of one plate. There are more plates on your table, why pile so much onto one plate?
                    Well, when we were in H.S we would go to Big Boy late at night for the Breakfast Buffet thing. We would pile it on one plate because then you only had to pay for one person....in theory. Sometimes they would see us all eating from the plate, get pissed and make us all pay...so at that point, we would all get plates and pile them up.

Mike
                    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Less trips maybe? Or I suppose people might feel cheated since they usually provide midgeted plates rather than normal ones.
                      If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

People eat too damn much any way.
                        The Buzzard does not fear
                        The man in riot gear
                        Harvest a skull of stone
                        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

LOL, Those are a couple prime examples of typical human nature, Most of us are so used to being in a hurry all the time, we feel rushed even when there is no reason for it. and people at buffets, always gotta make sure you get your moneys worth, I think seeing their plate heaped with food makes people think that they are getting a good deal. If we all took are time and quit rushing all the time and avoided pigging out at buffets (massive fat, cholesterol, and calories) we would be a hell of a lot better off.
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            Whoever writes the Strongbad cartoon
                            Dont forget Jug jugga jug jugga jah jah

Comment

The dragon comes in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ii..........

-----------

Seriously, what annoys me most are FUCKING MP3 PLAYERS!!!!!! Every single body has got one. Yes, they can be good for when you go jogging or something BUT

everybody nowadays walking down the streets with their earplugs in, usually it's on pretty loud too. On the bus, person sittting next to you, earplugs, outside people walking: earplugs, people waiting in line at the grocery store: earplugs, people coming out of class, can't wait to put in their earplugs.

What happened to TALKING and being social?! When I'm on the train and I'm sitting next to someone I don't know, I always try and be friendly, perhaps do some chitchat. Who knows, that could be the most interesting person of a lifetime sitting next to you and if it's not you still had a good conversation.

No, instead, people complain about social isolation, their fellow man on the street being unfriendly to them or ignoring them, being lonely, this, that. TAKE OUT THE DAMN EARPLUGS!
                              You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X