Best place to get flash software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to get flash software?

As the title suggests, where is the best place to get flash software.

When looking for it, are there different companies that make it, I should look out for?

Any of you web designers, give me some input :P

THanks!

flash is a proprietary software owned by macromedia. www.macromedia.com has a trial version you can DL. have fun, it's a huge program.
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

The downloadable trial version is full featured, I believe, but it expires after 30 days.

Flash is extremely powerful. IMHO, it is starting to get overly complex when it comes to using the built-in user interface elements (called Components) such as the buttons, list boxes, etc. I suppose if you are only interested in the animation aspects of it, that won't matter, but if you are into designing user interfaces as I am, the increased complexity of the Components is a bit of a hindrance.

I have Flash 8, but I actually don't use it. I continue to use Flash 7 (called Flash MX 2004), as I didn't feel like learning how to use the Components for the third time (since they were introduced, each new release of Flash handles Components differently, so there are new things to learn with each upgrade).

Flash is not the easiest program to learn on your own. I would strongly suggest buying a few books that are written in "tutorial" style to get you started.

- E.
      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
      X