the forgotten masters... Deep Purple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the forgotten masters... Deep Purple

Whenever I hear or read pioneer's of "hard rock" or "metal" these guys never seemed to get mentioned...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CcLWJ7py-...ct%20strangers

they always have differant grooves to their songs....
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

they always have differant grooves to their songs

I notice when you smoke a of weed and do a lot of acid, you forget where your groove actually was. So, I guess you have to find new ones... hehehe...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
      I notice when you smoke a of weed and do a lot of acid, you forget where your groove actually was. So, I guess you have to find new ones... hehehe...

that's true.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

"lets go space truckin cmon"...
        "Yeah, yeah, yeah space truckin!"

Yep, good stuff indeed.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

they always have differant grooves to their songs....
          check out pre ian gillian ... Shades of Deep Purple, September 1968 (UK)The Book of Taliesyn, December 1968 (US), July 1969 (UK)Deep Purple, June 1969 (US), November 1969 (UK)

i am a huge ritchie blackmoore fan but......different grooves does not even come close to describing whats on those albums
          “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I just heard Ian Gillian has a new album out. I think I'll be checking that one out soon.

Comment

Deep Purple are hard for some of the rock historians to classify. I think of them as the founders of prog-metal and neoclassical metal as well. They were unlike most other metal bands in that they improvised a lot. Blackmore was an obnoxious sumbitch but I thought he was the coolest guitarist around in the era from Fireball through Burn. Gillan was a great frontman, Lord tore up the keys, Glover was tight and steady, and Ian Paice was the drum god. Finally got to see them on the Perfect Strangers tour when the Mk II reunion began. That was an amazing, awesome show!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I have In Rock and it's a simply amazing album, possibly one of my favorite ever.

Comment

I just like Blackmoore really...Gillan whooped ass back in the days of Child in Time..

Rainbow rules for me..

I love both bands..but with Rainbow I got Blackmoore and Dio..and that is a win / win..Gates of Baylon, Stargazer, Kill the King...that's the shit!!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Finally got to see them on the Perfect Strangers tour when the Mk II reunion began. That was an amazing, awesome show
                    me too!!*UIC pavillion ...was not even sold out!!

*due to the indescretions of my youth a concert review is unavailable at this time
                    “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

Working...
                    X