Who was a Boy Scout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was a Boy Scout?

I went through the ranks starting with Cub Scouts. In Boy Scouts, I made it all the way up to Senior Patrol Leader. That's like a Gunny. But never made it past 1st Class. We weren't big on Merit Badges. But, boy, did we have fun. I was an Explorer for about 3 months and then they went kaput. As a dad, I was a Den Mother for my step-son. And I actually was a Scoutmaster for a while with my son. That didn't last long and neither did the troop. My Scouting life started in the '50's and ended in the '90's. Look at me!!!! See what Scouting can do.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

i was kicked out of cub scouts for eating brownies. HA!

in all seriousness, i was a cub scout, but quit before the webelos thing. i took the fact that it seemed too much like saying "we blow" as a sign.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
      I went through the ranks starting with Cub Scouts. In Boy Scouts, I made it all the way up to Senior Patrol Leader. That's like a Gunny. But never made it past 1st Class. We weren't big on Merit Badges. But, boy, did we have fun. I was an Explorer for about 3 months and then they went kaput. As a dad, I was a Den Mother for my step-son. And I actually was a Scoutmaster for a while with my son. That didn't last long and neither did the troop. My Scouting life started in the '50's and ended in the '90's. Look at me!!!! See what Scouting can do.
      Did you by any chance catch Penn & Teller's Bullshit! episode about the scouts? They made it sound like they've done a lot in the last 20 years to hijack the scouts and turn away from the original purpose and mission of the scouts.

-a
      Last edited by HoWheels; 04-19-2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

i was a sixer,cant remember what it means now.I had fuck all badges but was the strongest and fittest(how times change..lol)of the group(doing british bulldog i juts ran straight through anyone in front of me-no matter how many where in a wall.Good fun and i bet my parents loved it too when we were camping over the weekendsDamm fettster you where in it for a long time!

Comment

They are all gay know. What broke my balls is: The neckerchief is supposed to be flipped, rolled, so there is just a small triangle in the back. And if you have a collar, you tuck it under the shirt. All I see now are Scouts with their collars out and the neckerchiefs looking like a damn scarf. I don't need P&T, I was there. I forgot, I was a Webelo too.
          Last edited by fett; 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sully
            i was kicked out of cub scouts for eating brownies. HA!
            Hey, that's my line!

I was a Cub Scout. Never did make it to the big leagues and become a Boy Scout, though.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Hey, that's my line!

I was a Cub Scout. Never did make it to the big leagues and become a Boy Scout, though.
              And, see where you are now. Here's my Troop and why it didn't work.

Comment

I was a Boy Scout, made it to First Class. We used to say the scout oath:

On My honor I will do my best
                To help the Girl Scouts get undressed

I had a bunch of Merit Badges too.

*Gives other scouts on the board a 3 finger salute*
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

A Scout is" Trustworthy; Loyal; Helpful; Friendly; Courteous; Kind; Obedient; Thrify; Brave; Clean and Reverent." It took 10 edits, but I finally got it right.:ROTF: :ROTF: Make that 13 edits.
                  Last edited by fett; 04-19-2006, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                    A Scout is" Trustworthy; Loyal; Helpful; Friendly; Courteous; Kind; Obedient; Cheerful; Brave; Clean and Reverent." It took 10 edits, but I finally got it right.:ROTF: :ROTF: Make that 11 edits.
                    You forgot "Thrifty".

I was a scout from a Wolf Cub(before there were Tiger Cubs), through Webelos, and I made it through Senior Patrol Leader and I was a Life Scout(one below Eagle) and I was well on my way to becoming an Eagle Scout. Then my parents divorced and I found drugs and alcohol, which took the place of Scouting in my life. When my sons are old enough(and born) I will get back into scouting and maybe even be a scoutmaster! I never really cared what the larger body of scouting was doing as a whole, my old troop was a good bunch of guys that would go out and do fun, educational and productive activities, and I want my children(when I have them) to be a part of something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      You forgot "Thrifty".

I finally got it right before your post. I'm not sure what Scouting is like now, but it's been around for a long time and is worth checking out. But, I can assure you that it won't be like the "Old Days". "Tiger Cub"? Christ!!!! It was 100 years ago for me. It was 'Bobcat', wolf; bear; lion. Then you earned Arrows. We weren't into that. We lived in the burbs in the '50's and "60's across the bay from SF and maybe that's where the instilling of motivation stopped. I know it stopped for me.
                      Last edited by fett; 04-19-2006, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I've never been molested!
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cub scout here also, never went on to boy scouts, got into baseball and football instead, Can't remember what level I made it to, never did get to weblos (what the heck does that stand for anyways)
                          I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I was thinking :"We'll be loyal scouts". Then I got the defintion, and fuk me with a tent stake, I was right!!!! http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/Webelos :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

I was a boyscout too; made it to Life, but didn't really care enough to put the extra work in for Eagle. I was mostly in it for the camping/canoeing/hiking/etc; had a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X