No announcement yet.

Anyone still use LP's "records"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want to know how many working turntables I have. It's not as bad as my guitars but it could come close. Not to mention the old receivers I have. I just have to have 10 or 20 of everything. How can you pass up an old 40lb Kenwood receiver for $5?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

My dad has a crate full of records and an old belt-drive Technics turntable that barely works. I was thinking about getting him a nice DJ turntable from work so he could listen to his LPs if he wants to. He has some cool stuff.

Comment

I have a shitload of 80s hardcore and thrash. I was just listening to MOD the other day!!!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I still have a whole load (from Anthrax to Winger via Chastain(!), Maiden, Nuclear Assault, Poison and Venom) but I haven't listened to any in ages.

I got a record player a couple of years back, realised that after 15 years or so, alot of my LPs that I hadn't replaced with CDs weren't quite as awesome as I had thought they were when I was 14, so it got disconnected at it's now in the attic!
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Anyone still use LP's "records"?

> I know plenty of younger people that have no clue how to even use one. As far as getting a new turntable,look at pawn shops,there are all kinds of kids that think they wanna be a DJ and give it up when they find out it takes an ear to beatmatch,and good technique to scratch,so they sell their shit. If you are looking for a new one,most Guitar Center/Sam Ash type places sell them. The one to get,even if it is around 500 new with no cartridge,is the Technics SL-1200. This is the universally preferred DJ table,with a shitload of features and sounds better than anything else you can buy without spending at least 2k. Any Ortofon cartridge will be ok. Tommy D.
            "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Here too...I've been combing yard/garage sales for OLD turntables/systems. I have a pretty decent (about 400 lps) collection. And now have 5 old turntables...2 of them from the 50's that work!
              I also have a really nice high-end McIntosh receiver from the 60's that I got for peanuts (sold for over $1300.00 in the late 60's!!)

Also...I am slowly amassing a techno/trance record collection and will be buying a DJ setup very soon. Mainly to do remixes.

Vivé Le Vinyl!!!

Comment

I have about 150 lps, 135 of them are Johnny Cash ones. The rest are Ozzy, Bob Seger, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb
                  I have about 150 lps, 135 of them are Johnny Cash ones. The rest are Ozzy, Bob Seger, etc...
                  Shit Jeri!...I didn't think JC put out 135 records! Damn!...that's a record by any performer in history!....LOL!

j/k...sorry I couldn't resist!

Comment

My wife and I both have a bunch of old LPs, and we have a working turntable that I bought used a few years ago. Problem is, the floors in our flimsy apartment vibrate whenever someone walks near the stereo unit, causing the turntable to skip. We do break out the LPs every now and then, though. The LP I probably play the most nowadays is Alcatrazz's "Disturbing The Peace", since that one is only available on CD as an expensive import.

Comment

Working...
                    X