musicien's friend = BS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musicien's friend = BS?

hey people i couldnt find the right forum for it so i guess this is the right forum..

musicien's friend is a great site and most of you probably know but...
    it seems that all reviwes there are positive or is it just me?
    no matter how shitty the product is.. ppl will come and give it all 10's sayin "i've been playin for 20 year this is the best one!"
    If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

I don't know, sometimes you see some pretty crappy reviews. Might be the fact that lots of times when a person doesn't like something, they don't even bother with follow up. I use MF a bit and have never had a problem with them matching any price, or taking a return for any reason.
    Not trying to toot their horn but I've delt with a lot of companies who don't hold a candle to them. I'm sure there are horror stories out there too, I'm just stating my experience.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I've submitted a number of reviews and they never showed up... It does appear that they are posting only positive reviews.

Musicians Friend used to be great, but now they burn my ass more than anything.
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
        I've submitted a number of reviews and they never showed up... It does appear that they are posting only positive reviews.

Musicians Friend used to be great, but now they burn my ass more than anything.
        That's good to know, I've never submitted one myself. I usually know what I'm looking at or for, and use them when they have the item in stock at the lowest price. I do use our(JCF) internet and my local dealers also, reguardless of price sometimes.
        The Buzzard does not fear
        The man in riot gear
        Harvest a skull of stone
        The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

I stopped buying from MF or Music123. I bought the same guitar 5 times, no joke, 5! from both of them and all of em had chips or dents or some sorta blem. I don't even care if the price is a tad higher, I rather work with our dealers or local shops on anything. I think it was my 2nd guitar, an LTD Ex350 which is now discontinued, but I ordered it 3x from MF and it came with chips, and 2x from 123, and the last time the case had a dent in it, but at that point I said "screw it, the case did its job" and kept it. Wasen't happy about that though...
          Last edited by IrfaanSE801; 04-20-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

I switched to AMS when MF dropped their Easy Pay Plan in favor of their in-house credit card. But I had situations a couple times with MF where I'd get an item that had a ding or scratch, and I go straight to a supervisor or manager. They have offered me to return items, or keep them as a blem and give a partial refund. I was surprised they'd take my word for it, but I'd spent a few grand with them over a couple of years, so I guess they trusted me. That was about 10 years ago though.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I use ALL of the above just to match a price at the local GC..

they always matched the price or beat it, sometimes killing the tax without any shipping worry's and woes..

I find that AMS, MF generaly stock the same items at very close prices as GC anywhoo..

there's an occasional MF "exclusive" cheap "cool" lookin' geetar that pops up from time to time..

I'm glad I didn't buy a couple guitars I was thinking of buying from MF in the past..I played them shortly afterward discovering I wouldn't have been happy with them ..like shecters..I just don't like 'em..I had "GAS" for a 7 string since I seen Loomis and Chris Broderick rip on them!!

But I like the Ibenhads better...I haven't bought one yet tho.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have bought several items from MF all with great results, As far as reviews go, I don't put much faith in em unless you see a whole lot of negative ones, With MFs 45 day return policy, I am thinking it would be possible to get a guitar that someone bought , played and returned, I just bought a Rickenbacker from em, (They were the cheapest, by far, and everyone else was on back order) it arrived in the same box Ric sent it to them, never opened, they just pasted my shipping label over the original, guitar is flawless, I could not be happier.
                Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-21-2006, 10:21 AM.
                I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I too, haven't had a prob with MF...I've been buying from them for quite a few years. And the one item I bought from them that I did have a problem with, they rectified it immediately, without question and very apologetic about it.

Comment

They have a great return policy. They even pay for shipping back and give you a pdf UPS label to stick right on the box.
                    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I think MF, AMS, GC and a few of the other online music store are all owned by the same company... I know MF and GC are, but someone told me AMS and Music123 is too.
                      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

I don't put any faith into reviews of a co that is selling that product..that's a bit slanted wouln'td ya think..

There was a MF "exclusive" that caught by eye not long ago ..a trans red, black or gold bounded tele archtop with two dimarzio humpups..looked pretty cool as a spare axe or a nice home plinker..it was 400 bills shipped..looked decent..but I like to plays before I buys.

just in case I don't like it..I'd rather throw another couple hundred in there and hunt down a nice USA Jackson or Charvel ..

I bought my MINT RR1 lighting sky with case for 600 bucks from a friend that bought it new and hardly played it..that's what I'm talkin''bout!
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have not had a problem with MF so far. They even paid to ship a Peavey XXX 40 EFX back and forth twice, no questions asked (I got two defective ones and gave up). The people that I have talked to on the phone have been helpful, courteous, and NOT from India.

I have a little experience with Music 123 and they were not as nice with returns on an order they had delayed that I had cancelled (I ended up paying shipping to send it back).

Whenever I buy from Guitar Center I never pay tax because of MF and M123 (a la what Bill just said).

Comment

MF has been good to me in the past, no complaints
                            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                            Amp... Pioneer
                            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

I've ordered one guitar from Music123, and some accessories ... and had no problems with it.

I recommended them to my brother, who ordered some MIDI equipment, and he also had no problems.

-a

Comment

Working...
                              X