Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Lynch rushed to hospital

From Blabbermouth.net:

"GEORGE LYNCH Rushed To Hospital After Reportedly Collapsing At Las Vegas Show - Apr. 22, 2006

According to a couple of eyewitness reports from last night's (April 21) GEORGE LYNCH show in Las Vegas, Nevada, the former DOKKEN guitarist was rushed to the hospital after taking ill 30 minutes into his band's performance at the Empire Ballroom. The following report was submitted to BLABBERMOUTH.NET by Robert Beaudette of RobertSellsLasVegas.com:

"It's 2AM in Las Vegas, Friday night, April 21. I just got home from the George Lynch show at the Empire Ballroom, where Lynch and bandmates Vinny Appice, Marten Andersson, and singer Andrew Freeman were in great form for all of 30 minutes. The band left the stage for a drum solo, after which a club rep announced from the stage that Lynch had taken ill and was unable to continue. Right before exiting the stage, he appeared FINE, laughing and smiling with his band.

"I rushed outside to beat the crowd to the valet, where minutes later an ambulance and firetruck arrived on the scene, and Lynch, now naked for some reason and strapped to a gurney, was hustled into the ambulance. His bandmates and a few fans were gathered around, obviously concerned and in shock. Lynch's eyes were closed on the stretcher, and a person apparently in the band's crew said the guitarist was unconcious before the paramedics arrived.

"Friends called local rock radio station KOMP 92.3 for an update, no news available yet..."

More information as it becomes available."

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth....wsitemID=51302
    Last edited by fullshred; 04-22-2006, 10:44 AM.

Man, that sucks! Hope he's okay...
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow... that's horrible!
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

"Wow... that's horrible!"

His playing recently sure is!!

Saw him a few month back...I had taken Ill 30 minutes into his set as well and left the show...ask John.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Management: GEORGE LYNCH Was 'Dehydrated', Will Perform At DALLAS GUITAR FESTIVAL - Apr. 22, 2006 George Lynch's (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB) management has released a statement regarding the guitarist's current condition after he was reportedly rushed to hospital last night after taking ill 30 minutes into his band's performance at the Empire Ballroom. The statement from Kevin Lee of Novi Entertainment reads as follows:

"First, we want to thank everyone for their concern. George is resting and will be performing at the Dallas guitar show [The Dallas International Guitar Festival] as scheduled on Sunday [April 23]. George apperently was dehydrated after a long drive through the desert then performing and his body just 'shut down.' He was examined at a Las Vegas hospital, treated and released. Thanks again to everyone for your concern!"

The GEORGE LYNCH GROUP recently performed a marathon 26 shows in 30 days, including taking part in a much-talked-about skit on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".

Joining Lynch in his current touring band are lead vocalist Andrew Freeman, drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, DIO) and bassist Marten Andersson (LIZZY BORDEN, STARWOOD).

Comment

Good to hear it wasn't more serious.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801

including taking part in a much-talked-about skit on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
              Hmmm, what was the Leno skit all about? I missed it, damn.

Comment

Glad to hear he's ok.

Comment

...naked?

anyway, here's a post from the robbin board from someone who was at the show:

Collapse" is a powerful word and that is not exactly what happened.

First off George is a very intense player but to me he looked "lost in space" last night. I'm talking about the look in his eyes and face not in his playing because his playing was excellent. But, about 5 songs into the gig George dissappeared to the side of the stage for half the song. The band had a rythem guitarist who was placed in the back right corner of the stage behind George. He never never moved from that spot. This is where George kind of stumbled off the stage. I could see the rhthem guitarist shrug his shoulders several times along with sqinting his eyes and turning his head. It certainly appeared that something wasn't right. After the song George was seen walking off the back of the stage.

The lead singer attempted to play it off by leading drummer Vinny Appice into a drum solo but you could tell that this was not on the set list as Vinny was looking around for about 2-3 minutes like 'what the f**k is going on?? Vinny delivered a 10-minute solo and then the lead singer announced that George was not feeling good and was lying down in the back and just needed some time. A few minutes lated someone announced to the crowd that George had passed out and the paramedics were on the way and the remainder of the show would have to be cancelled.

Did George "collapse" on stage?? No, he didn't. Not in front of the crowd at least.

As far as being "rushed" to the hospital....BS!! I stuck around mingling for about 15-20 minutes then went into the parking lot and saw George in the back of the ambulance still sitting brehing the Ballroom. After 15 minutes in the parking lot I spent 15 minutes in traffic on Las Vegas Blv. right next to the ambulance. Another 10-minute drive to the hospital and the ambulance never once turned on it's lights. And never once rolled through a red light. It was a solid 45 min-one hour after George left the stage until he arrived at the hospital. I would not exactly say that this is being "rushed to the hospital" like they say.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

But John, this story lacks sensationalism. It'll never sell!
                    "POOP"

Comment

eh, they probably just gave him IV fluids and that usually does it. the paramedics can do that on scene. the check up at the hospital is just for good measure to rule out any other causes or problems.

usually when you hear of people collapsing like this it is because of dehydration.
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by GERMANDETH
                        But John, this story lacks sensationalism. It'll never sell!

heh....THAT's why they added the naked part in. i was afraid that the 'roids got him or somethin.
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Dope will do that to ya..I should know

when I saw him..he was a complete mess...very disjointed, sloppy and his tone I thought was horrible!!

Lynch was one of my all time faves..I followed him closely as a shred fan..loved all his old stuff..

I seen Dokken a few times..he truly rocked back in the day and I saw them with Reb who shined on all the Lynch stuff..Reb was awesome and spot on, and a great guy to hang with!

When I was at the GL show some months back..it's sounded like a b-grade Dokken local Tribute band..the local opener guitarist smoked him!

thirty minutes into the set I was so disappointed ..I had to leave..

John and our mutaul friend was there too..trolling for chicks and hanging out..I had to go.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                          X