My fleamarket weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fleamarket weekend

First sunny weekend in April here in Seattle. I love my fleamarket. Bought two guitars Saturday. The first cost $7. It's a Japanese plywood LP. But it was all tricked out. I have a bridge and I'll find a nut. It's flat black. The second one was a real deal. It's a vintage, maybe '30's, Hofner parlour guitar. $100. But you ought to see the back!!! It's book-matched flame maple. Just like a violin. A little fix here and it will be just great. Today, I got a great hand mic ( any harp players out there?) for $2. And it works!!!! A NOS GE 5U4GB tube in the box. 50 cents. And a 1960's Shure M7D phono cartridge NIB. $1.00. So my weekend cost me about $112. That's a concert ticket but a lot more fun. Just had to gloat. Oh, and a lava lamp. $5.
    Last edited by fett; 04-23-2006, 02:30 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
    First sunny weekend in April here in Seattle. I love my fleamarket. Bought two guitars Saturday. The first cost $7. It's a Japanese plywood LP. But it was all tricked out. I have a bridge and I'll find a nut. It's flat black. The second one was a real deal. It's a vintage, maybe '30's, Hofner parlour guitar. $100. But you ought to see the back!!! It's book-matched flame maple. Just like a violin. A little fix here and it will be just great. Today, I got a great hand mic ( any harp players out there?) for $2. And it works!!!! A NOS GE 5U4GB tube in the box. 50 cents. And a 1960's Shure M7D phono cartridge NIB. $1.00. So my weekend cost me about $112. That's a concert ticket but a lot more fun. Just had to gloat.
    112 for a concert ticket? Geez, the ones I get are around 20 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja
      112 for a concert ticket? Geez, the ones I get are around 20 bucks.

Exodus at the key club last sunday = $10 bucks

pics of the guitars are a must

Comment

I donated blood, bought a $5 cigar, then went to a (free) car show across from Knott's Berry Farm. Then played tennis.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X