No announcement yet.

Gross!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe We should all drink some fiberous margaritas!
    Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

• Ah good old Linus Pauling.... perhaps the father of all nutritional crackpots. Kurzweil is another one -- he thinks he's gonna live to 130 because of all the crazy stuff he's ingesting. There's no shortage of brilliant scientists with pet theories they are willing to promote beyond reason. That doesn't make those theories true. And the corruption in the pharma industry certainly doesn't make alternative treatments any more credible. There are plenty of medical researchers in academia, outside the U.S., and others funded by non-profits that are far beyond the control of the U.S. drug industry. Some of them are even working on studies involving natural remedies already. I'm sure they'll find some that even work. But most of that crap being pushed by whole foods and in nutritional aisles of other stores are, at best, big fat placebos. I've tried the vitamin C megadose thing myself, Zinc lozenges & nasal sprays, Ginseng, echinaccea, and so on..... and you know what? They didn't do shit! Flax seed, however, did do shit, literally! (And guess who recommended the flax seed? My doctor!)

One case of a legitimate natural treatment being suppressed is the use of marijuana for treatment of chemotherapy side-effects. However it's primarily your elected officials who are suppressing it, not so much the pharmaceutical industry.

When it comes to health related claims on random websites, I recommend a healthy dose of skepticism.
      Last edited by Bert; 05-07-2006, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Good to know that I've changed the way the JCF shits!!

Comment

• I think I'm suffering some psychosomatic reaction to this discussion. Since reading this thread, I seem to be more regular. And that's without taking anything or buying any crackpot remedies!
          Hail yesterday

Comment

• Designated shitters, we need an update immediately!

Comment

• Originally posted by Inearthed
              Designated shitters, we need an update immediately!
              No shit!!!

(pun intended)
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

• Originally posted by VitaminG
                I think I'm suffering some psychosomatic reaction to this discussion. Since reading this thread, I seem to be more regular. And that's without taking anything or buying any crackpot remedies!
                You're experiencing psychosomatic sympathetic paristalsis! Which is the title of my new thrash song for my band Fecal Splatter - which will also be an optional custom finish on my new Lerxstcrap signature model. 3-D finish, just don't pick at it!
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• OK, an update.

I think my body has become accustomed to the regiment now, and thus my satisfaction has decreased.

No 3 footers in a few days, and over the weekend I was down to one dump per day.

I think I need to increase the steep time on the tea yet again, I am now at 5 minutes. I am going to 10 minutes tonight because I am not experiencing any real "urge" to power down in the morning, which I think is also partially responsible for my decrease in quality and quantity of downloads.

I continue to feel good though, and my energy level still is up.

I haven't seen anything that is an obvious parasite in my crap, but I admit that I am not digging in it. I take a look at it, but I don't investigate it. When some chattering, hissing monstrosity drops out of my ass...you guys will be the first to know.

At this point, I am mildly satisfied. However, I am only on day 9. For some people things don't get "interesting" until 2-3 weeks into the program.

Mike
                  Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• Yeah, more poo!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bert
                      Ah good old Linus Pauling.... perhaps the father of all nutritional crackpots.
                      When a winner of a nobel prize *the most prestigious award for science* is thought of as a crackpot, then the pharmaceutical spin machine has truly succeeded. These pharmco scientiests aren't worthy enough to wash his ball sack. Have you ever seen the research? Not many people make the effort because they read like, well, scientific research papers...yes, very clinical and boring. it's easier to repeat catchy sound bites.

But actual, repeatable research exists on this. However, what the drug companies typically do is fund their own vitamin C research and use a dosage that's really high by RDA standards but lower than what Linus Pauling recommended. When the results are in, they publish something along the lines of "large scale, double blind clinical study shows that high doses of vitamin C does not reduce incidents of the common cold" and that they "could not repeat Linus Pauling's findings about high doses of vitamin c". What's buried in the research is the actual dosage amounts that they used.

When it comes to health related claims on random websites, I recommend a healthy dose of skepticism.
                      Agree 100% here. This advice applies no matter what your bias may be.

edit: here is the privately published book that's been circulating around the medical community: http://www.lulu.com/content/53926

and preview: http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_1/5...bateSample.pdf
                      Last edited by SeventhSon; 05-08-2006, 02:55 PM.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

• I dropped an obvious egg sack this afternoon. Perfectly round and gelatinous...with stuff in it.

I almost barfed when I saw that. Disgusting.

Mike
                        Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, Mike.

I used to get the runs like you wouldn't believe when I was having chemo treatment. Every session would be followed by a case of the squirts that would just go on forever. I was actually treated for dehydration on two occasions from crapping so much.

The first time I had chemo, back in '92 when I lost some lymph nodes, the chemo caused the opposite effect in that I couldn't move my bowels. That may have been worse than having the squirts.

Embrace your properly working asses, gents.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

• Dammit, these should be put on slides and micro photographs taken!!!

Originally posted by MBreinin
                            I dropped an obvious egg sack this afternoon. Perfectly round and gelatinous...with stuff in it.

I almost barfed when I saw that. Disgusting.

Mike
                            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

• Mike... did you at least poke at it with a stick?
                              See if things fall or crawl out of it?

That almost makes me want to hurl just thinking about it.
                              -Rick

Comment

• This whole thread.... i try real hard not to click on it, but here i am.....again
                                Henrik
                                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                                X