No announcement yet.

Guitar Center Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only stand to spend 5 minutes tops in any GC. I can only stand so many teenagers (horribly) attempting to play Hendrix, Deep Purple, and Nirvana simultaneously.

-a

Comment

I only go to GC early in the day to check stuff out. That way I can hear myself and If I like anything I order it somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by HeWhoIs
        I only go to GC early in the day to check stuff out. That way I can hear myself and If I like anything I order it somewhere else.
        +1....its like Demo-Depot for me!!

Comment

the GC near me actually has some nice shit. far better than the Sam Ash which mostly just has Chinese junk and a very few nice guitars. both carry Taylor and Martin acoustics.

the GC has put up some very nice Gibsons, several Explorers, V's, and of course a million LPs. they also have a ton of Fenders. no Charvels, and only the low end import Jacksons. I've only seen Charvels at the Las Vegas GC.

but yeah trying to get service for buying strings or parts at GC is impossible, so I usually drive down the street to the SA to buy that stuff, at least there I can get some dickhead to get the shit down and process a sale for me. but the tons of shitty $200 guitars in Sam Ash make me want to chew tin foil.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by LouSiffer
            Yeah.....I get on Morse from 71 ( I live in Dublin )...I just drive by Sam Ash and go to GC. -Lou
            I do the same thing, but it's the Cincinnati GC. I drive right past Sam's. I met JCF'er DonP there once...Nice guy. They give me any import Jackson or Ibanez at $50 over cost (or so they tell me). I have bought a couple to do mirror tops on, but I won't buy "off the rack", I make them order them. Which they always screw up (right guitar, wrong color).
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

all this is sooooo reminiscent of where i live (in the uk...). might be something to do with employing young staff who dropped out of school or college because they didn't give a shit then and certainly don't care now. if i want a jackson guitar, it has to be "special order" for which you get no refund for that reason, and spend ages chasing them to get the matter sorted. the best case scenario is being offered a credit note. what? so i can go down the same road AGAIN? there's a lot to be desired for most retailers, and i've learned never to buy from certain retailers. at this rate, i could be going mail order all the way, even possibly ordering from the USA.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 04-26-2006, 04:42 PM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
                all this is sooooo reminiscent of where i live (in the uk...). might be something to do with employing young staff who dropped out of school or college because they didn't give a shit then and certainly don't care now. if i want a jackson guitar, it has to be "special order" for which you get no refund for that reason, and spend ages chasing them to get the matter sorted. the best case scenario is being offered a credit note. what? so i can go down the same road AGAIN? there's a lot to be desired for most retailers, and i've learned never to buy from certain retailers. at this rate, i could be going mail order all the way, even possibly ordering from the USA.
                I already do, buying from the USA is cheaper than buying locally, even with the higher shipping costs and the extra duties, and with Jacksons I get the same guitar in the same timeframe that I´ve never previously tested in either case....

Only "hassle" is eventual warranty issues.... so far I´ve never had any on a J/C

Comment

Working...
                X