RATT - Behind The Music!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RATT - Behind The Music!!

Finally! VH1 is going to air the Ratt Behind the Music episode that they have been sitting on, for literally years. May is 'Metal Month' and there will be the Ratt BHM episode and Pantera BHM. There will also be some kind of all-star concert with Judas Priest, Queen, Kiss, Iron Maiden and others. Also the 40 greatest metal songs of all time, hosted by Sebastian Bach. Got to admit the thing that I'm most excited about is the Ratt episode! The radio station I got this info from was critical of Ratt, saying that Pantera was more deserving, and other such nonsense. Check the record sales, I bet the two bands are comparable, just from different eras and distinctly different styles of music, both good! Long live Ratt!

Anyone know when the Ratt episode will air? I've heard May, but I was hoping for an actual date and time so I can set the VCR in case I'm not home.

And I second the statement about Ratt being good. I have all of their stuff and I'd love to have a good bootleg or two, particularly on video. And I even got to see Ratt on tour when Bon Jovi was Ratt's opening act. I think that was the "Invasion" tour.
    Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

supposedly it'll air 5/6, but that's the latest that i've heard.
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Huh Huh you said VCR.

Comment

Ratt is plenty deserving. They were a centerpiece of 80's metal and they had interesting behind the scenes stuff that makes these shows interesting...as well as tragedy. They don't do these shows on boring bands...

Pantera? Well, they certainly had a tragedy.....can't say much else.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcop
            Finally! VH1 is going to air the Ratt Behind the Music episode that they have been sitting on, for literally years. May is 'Metal Month' and there will be the Ratt BHM episode and Pantera BHM. There will also be some kind of all-star concert with Judas Priest, Queen, Kiss, Iron Maiden and others. Also the 40 greatest metal songs of all time, hosted by Sebastian Bach. Got to admit the thing that I'm most excited about is the Ratt episode! The radio station I got this info from was critical of Ratt, saying that Pantera was more deserving, and other such nonsense. Check the record sales, I bet the two bands are comparable, just from different eras and distinctly different styles of music, both good! Long live Ratt!

Hey dude ...haven't seen ya round in a while ..where ya been hiding
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Ok, I read it's gonna air on May 11th at 9, and the Pantera BTM will air right after that, but I can't remember where I read it now. Here's hopin, I'm dyin to see em both

Comment

I will be out in NYC all day on May 6th. If someone can record this and burn me a copy, I'd be thrilled. It will suck to miss it.
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by GWARGHOUL
                  Huh Huh you said VCR.
                  I'd love to have said "DVR" instead but our union didn't get a contract in place until very late last year, so we're stuck with '80's technology to tape a special on an '80's band.
                  Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Dimebag would be the first person to say De Martini is fukkin' great, as for the critical radio station Jeff, tell them to put on their kneepads and get under my desk.
                    thanks for the update dude, where have you been?
                    Tommy
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Hey Jeff. Thanks for the info!
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Rock 101, Manchester NH. I only listen to the morning show, I can't tolerate their mix of classic rock/new crap/occasional random metal tune format. I'm working on being around more often. I have been focusing on my car for a long while, and actually working on a guy room (read: guitar room) some kind of man town. It is pretty bad that I spend all of my free time working on this room, and not playing the guitar! I'll be done soon enough, have Mike Hickey over to jam, and get you some pics.

Comment

Thanks for the invite J/K ..good to see ya,

BTW ya can't call it mantown unless ya listen to WAAF dude...
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hair Nation Ch 23 on Sirius has been plugging it for the last month. I wonder if they are owned or affiliated with VH1? Anyway. Cant wait. Sorry Scott. No VCR/DVR. I am sure it will be on month. Hopefully it does them justice.

Yeah... WHere the hell ya been Jeff?

Comment

I've been waiting on them to air the Ratt BTM for months. I'll definetely be taping that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X