No announcement yet.

Speaking of Gross, I went to Ed Romans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really sad this is that I wanted to check out a DK2M and attempt to get a red swirl one from one of the guys on this board. But, the one that they had was all screwed up also. When you plucked the e string, it sounded like you were plucking a stand up bass guitar. I think Ed sucked the life out of it.

Oh and BTW, alot of the guitars on his site are not even in the store.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I'm going to be in Vegas in October and I was hoping to check out some decent guitar shops. Anyone got some tips for a musical tourist?

Pro-fusuion - I think I will drop in to his store out of "morbid curiosity" as well.
      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

I heard from the one of the Bellhops from the Wynn that there is a classic guitar store called Cowtown (possibly). They supposively have some badass stuff. Also, you can try... but, supposively the locals are all over this. Visit the pawnshops in old town. You might be able to find someone elses gambling/drug habit in one of those places.

-Nate
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
          I think Ed sucked the life out of it.
          The axeVampire!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

creative names there in Vegas. Cowtown, old town. What do they call the financial services district? Bankstown?

I'm gonna head down to Chow Town for a burger, before I mosey on over to Whore Town for the evening.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Screw you, Gary!

WTF does Toowoomba mean?
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

beats me. Isn't Orange County in New York? Or is that Florida?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

My buddy went to the Dallas Guitar Show and met Ed. My friend is friends with a guy who used to work for Ed. Jimmy McGuire, therefore he thinks Ed is a cool guy. I've told him the horror stories but he just gets a perplexed look on his face.

This is the same guy who thought he'd get a record deal several years back when he met up with Sam Taylor, the guy who produced (and ripped off) Kings X and Galactic Cowboys. When it didn't work out I told him he was lucky, and reminded him that the guy screwed Kings X and Galactic Cowboys. He got that same perplexed look.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                    This is the same guy who thought he'd get a record deal several years back when he met up with Sam Taylor, the guy who produced (and ripped off) Kings X and Galactic Cowboys. When it didn't work out I told him he was lucky, and reminded him that the guy screwed Kings X and Galactic Cowboys. He got that same perplexed look.
                    Some people just have to learn through hard experience...
                    Last edited by pro-fusion; 04-28-2006, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                      creative names there in Vegas. Cowtown, old town. What do they call the financial services district? Bankstown?

I'm gonna head down to Chow Town for a burger, before I mosey on over to Whore Town for the evening.
                      The entire point of Vegas is to separate you from your money as quickly as possible, and fancy names probably just get in the way of doing that.

Oh and by the way, Whoretown is about 90 miles or so north of Vegas. Actually, it's more like Whore Trailer Off To The Side Of The Road. Really.

Comment

I intend someday to go and check out the guitars at Roman's.
                        You can tell right away from his website his an arrogant person.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

the american version of most staff at sound control in my area. see my thread showing that dx10dfs in the import section? it was bought off a customer, then priced at £600 and labelled a "soloist" by some ginger twunt. when i told his colleague what this guitar really is and it's original RRP, the price dropped to £450 - that very RRP! i reminded them again that it was a 2nd hand guitar, only to find out it had been sold to someone else again. it then stayed in the shop for about a year. it was then alledgedly sold AGAIN, but the moron who reserved it for the ghost (um, the customer) hadn't tagged it, so i offered them £150 because of the age and 3rd hand status. i took it off them for £200 yesterday. they then whinged about making a bigger loss if they gave me a free strap, but knocked that from 17 to 10. it takes time to knock at least SOME sense into people.
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                          X