New Cheap Trick...and it's good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cheap Trick...and it's good!

Don't know how well this thread will go over with our many pure metal fans, but I thought I'd let you all know that Cheap Trick's posted some new tunes on their website. Listen here:

CheapTrick.com - the official website of Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Inductees CHEAP TRICK

I'll proudly admit that Cheap Trick is one of my all time fave bands, not to mention one of the biggest influences on my "poppy" songwriting. But recent efforts from the band have been pretty tepid, in my opinion.

These new tunes -- some of which were penned with Linda Perry, interestingly enough -- are damn good. Rockin' with killer pop hooks -- classic Cheap Trick. I'll gladly shell out 15 bucks for the new disc when it's out.

Please tell me I ain't alone in the Cheap Trick luv....

I like em ..but I'm an old school guy so ...
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

relax crankdaddy, i've always liked Cheap Trick too
      I better check the new stuff out then.
      Last edited by jackson1; 04-27-2006, 08:17 AM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I've always dug the 70s / early 80s Cheap Trick stuff. That power-pop era music is great.

Honestly, dude, that's exactly what I've thought of when I've heard some of your Crankdaddy stuff. The influence shows, and in a good way.

Comment

Now here's the dilly yo....

It's definitely NOT the Cheap Trick of olde. They have aged well...as thier music...but gone are the loose productions. The songs are good..."C'mon C'mon C'mon" is a standout track for me. There's a lot of tight-end chop, that you've never had on past CT efforts.

Just my mini-reveiw on it. That all being said...it's good, with good songs on it...but being a CT Purist...I give it 3 and 1/2 out of stars

Comment

loved in color when i was a kid; southern girls is easily one of my favorite songs ever.
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cheap Trick are Awesome!!! I've seen them live a few times, always a great show!
              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I saw them back in the late 70's / early 80's (hard to remember those days for some reason) . I think it was 82'. I recall they were pretty tight as a live band. They had this huge eyeball that lit up and moved back and forth like it was eyeing the crowd...kinda wierd.
                >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I always felt the drummer looked out of place.Great band saw them twice around live at buddokan days. Bassist Tom Peterson is friends with my buds at rs guitarworks and a lot of his basses come thru there for repair and tune ups.Haven't got to meet him yet.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

YES PLEASE!

Henrik

Comment

YES PLEASE TOO!

Henrik

Comment

I like Cheap Trick alot!!! Saw them 2 or 3 times live back in the 80's. Brings back some good memories.

Comment

I never really gave em a good listening, but I like it! Thanks for posting it, I think I might have to pick up this new one. Good music is good music, regardless of what brand it's got on it

Comment

I love playing their stuff, "I'm a Cailfornia Man" is one of my faves, Surrender, Aint that a shame, lots of great songs, The intro to "I want you to want me" , always gets a great response, would have loved to caught em when they toured with Def Lep a while ago
                            nice clip here, especially for a RIC fan
                            www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUkIxjUgEfM&search=cheap%20trick
                            Last edited by FusionFarmer; 04-27-2006, 01:53 PM.
                            I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I'm a big Cheap Trick fan as well. I played "The Flame" on acoustic for this girl that I wanted to go out with and she said yes and found out that she was also a big CT fan! Good times! Robin Zander and Rick Nielsen are definitely a great musical pair.
                              "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                              X