X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, just cleaned out the PC...

What a mess!
    Dust was thick and every where.
    I went through a whole can of compressed air to clean it.
    Took the CPU heatsink fan off and no wonder my temper were high.
    All the heatsink vents were clogged closed with thickened dust.
    Anyways, it made a world of difference, temps are back to a low normal of 38-40c, like it should be. Being a tech, I know better, but just got lazy.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Got cats and dogs and kids and placed the machine on the floor and never vacuum cleaned the floors, eh?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Yep, I have my tower on the floor and I knew it would cause more dust accumilation, but dang not that much. I definitely was wrong thats for sure.
      I use to have it setting on my desk and I'll be putting back in a few.
      Last edited by Soap; 04-27-2006, 02:41 PM.
      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Heh, I started using scented candles in my bedroom, and I found a bunch of thick, black crud last time I cleaned my case out.

-a

Comment

Did you check your lungs as well, HoWheels? Worth a thought.
          Henrik

Comment

could have been worse it could have looked like this

Last edited by krimson; 04-27-2006, 03:20 PM.
            Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Originally posted by krimson
              could have been worse it could have looked like this

Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Quick question for ya guys. My fan on my computer is incredibly loud compared to when I first got it. Yes, it is old, but I'm making the move to a Mac laptop and wanna keep this around. Can I replace the fan or might it just need a good cleaning, as my computer normally does?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                  Did you check your lungs as well, HoWheels? Worth a thought.
                  Actually yeah ... I was having some trouble breathing, and have since stopped using the candles.

-a

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                    Quick question for ya guys. My fan on my computer is incredibly loud compared to when I first got it. Yes, it is old, but I'm making the move to a Mac laptop and wanna keep this around. Can I replace the fan or might it just need a good cleaning, as my computer normally does?
                    Fans are relatively cheap and easy to install. I watched my son do it.:ROTF: If you want quality, I would go with a Custom Shop with maple blades and a single "Hum" that ain't too loud.
                    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Fettster
                      If you want quality, I would go with a Custom Shop with maple blades and a single "Hum" that ain't too loud.
                      -Rick

Comment

If mine breaks or gets dirty, I'll just throw it out and get another one.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                          Yeah...the fan is probably on it's last legs...might want to replace it if you want to keep the machine. They are cheap and easy to change out.

Comment

Is it the PC fan(s) that goes over directly the processor? I notice those do have a tendency go bad after about 5 years. Power supply fans too can go bad. If you haven't replaced your MB battery, you should also do that as well.

Also.. when vacuuming...be careful of having the motor operate near the computer as the electro mag field of a vacuum motor can ruin computer parts...use the wand.
                            Last edited by charvelguy; 04-27-2006, 05:47 PM.

Comment

good advice charvelguy, also don't have the (highly static) end of a plastic wand or brush touch the parts (ZAP!)
                              Henrik

Comment

Working...
                              X