X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judas Priest concept album?!?!?

This does not look good.

http://judaspriest.com/news/default.asp
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

At least it's not based on the life of Rob Halford.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

actually I think that could be fucking awesome!

it could also suck but let's think positive here. if anyone can do this, they can.
      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Theatrical!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

how fuckin spinal tap is that........proper heavy metal..NOT
          yeah it was me, you got a problem with that?

Comment

Wasn't Bruce Dickinson's "Chemical Wedding" a concept album? That was fucking as awesome as it gets. This could be a great album guys. I will get it for sure.

Chuck
            "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

i'm definitely looking forward to it. i thought AoR was quite good for being a post-painkiller record, too. as long as they don't turn all the songs into 15 minute epics like loch ness , i think it's gonna be a cool album

Comment

I'm mostly worried about the subjet matter. I mean seriously, Nostradamus?
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Originally posted by fr0sty
                  I'm mostly worried about the subjet matter. I mean seriously, Nostradamus?
                  Well, Testament did a song on The Gathering album called Three Days in Darkness, which was about a Nostradamus prediction. They also had a song called The Preacher way back on The New Order album which was about one of his predictions. I think it'll be pretty interesting to have a whole album about the stuff.

Comment

I don't care, they could make a concept album about campbell's soup, just make it a really good heavy metal musical album. Most of the time, I pay absolutely no attention to the lyrical content of most songs/albums, its the music and singing that matters most, to me anyways.
                    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Well if Tipton writes the lyrics, it will suck, 10 yr olds write better shit than that guy writes.

I mean really, listen to Jugulator, their kick ass comeback album. Heavy as fuck music with dumbass lyrics. How can you take it seriously when you hear what they are saying, haha... I felt bad that Tim owens had to sing that crap.

Halford kick major ass on his own, shame he needs the cash that Priest can bring him.

Comment

Yeah, Tim was an excellent singer that IMO didn't get a fair shake to really mature with band. Jugulator musically, was a joke and the following album wasn't much better if any at all. Although it did a have song or two that I could stomach musically. I have the Live Priest DVD with Tim, he was very good.

Yes, Rob so far imo, was alot better with his last bands release. Theres some really good metal on that album. Crucible...I think thats the title.

Its a vibe thing with me, lyrics can be written by anybody with alittle imagination, music is the main thing with me, lyrics are last in line.
                        Last edited by Soap; 04-29-2006, 01:59 PM.
                        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Actually, I at least thought Jugulator was heavier than they'd ever been. Like they took pantera lessons, haha... and FINALLY moved up into the 90, haha...

Halford, like Iron Maiden's singer, does best solo. Bruce is awesome on his solo stuff and just "so so" on the newest Maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                            Bruce is awesome on his solo
                            ehhh, you obviously haven't heard Tattooed Millionaire? Please tell me you haven't!?
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                              ehhh, you obviously haven't heard Tattooed Millionaire? Please tell me you haven't!?
                              Tattooed Millionaire was okay... better than Skunkworks at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X