And I Had To Smile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I Had To Smile

I went out this morning to do a few things after the storm had passed through. After finishing a few things, I finally gave in to my change oil light that has been on for about a week. I rolled into my local lube stop (think Jiffy Lube..but local owned chain) and as luck would have it, they were all standing around waiting for something to do. After they began doing the stuff to my truck, they started talking about one employee there and his bathroom habits. I began to question my luck and curse metal buildings. See, as I had been riding around doing my other stops, I had been listening to Vinnie Paul on Sirius talking about and playing cuts off of Rebel Meets Rebel. As the feeling grew to just crank my truck and leave a trail of oil and tire smoke, something happened. The group had moved toward the back of my truck(still talking about the shitter...and lunch orders) and someone saw and made a comment about the RIP Dime sticker on my back window(the one w/Dime and the stack from our own Huntin Doug ).
    I began to stick my head out the window and did one of those comedy things where you take a breath and almost start your first word, because I was a bit stunned. Just as I was about to speak, one of the guys spoke up louder and said to the rest "It's Dime Bag Darrell...from Pantera". Then he de-railed the lunch/shitter talk and schooled them about all things Dime. If they wanted to hear it or not, he wasn't stopping. This went on through the rest of the oil change and he gave me a thank you and a huge grin when I was about to leave.

I thought about Dime and what had just happened.....

And I had to smile.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
    X