• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of WW3

Interesting editorial in the LA Times

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...=la-util-op-ed

discusses Russia's decision to go ahead with a huge missile sale to Iran
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Well if Russia is going ahead with this...imagine what they'll get from other countries, like China, North Korea...and this could open the door for other countries in the middle east to aquire better defenses...like Syria.

Comment

well they have a rite to defend themselves...they're obviously all very worried about being attacked by the US....personally i think Iran has a point - they may be going about it in a very offhand way..but they have a right to cleaner more efficient fuel and I don't think the US has any rihgt to stop that...as it is Iran have only threatened to blow the shit outta ppl if the US attacks them...which is fair enough i think...the way the Us is handling the situation sounds very much a power game to me...

Comment

Unfortunately their president is a crazy as a shithouse bat.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai
          well they have a rite to defend themselves...they're obviously all very worried about being attacked by the US....personally i think Iran has a point - they may be going about it in a very offhand way..but they have a right to cleaner more efficient fuel and I don't think the US has any rihgt to stop that...as it is Iran have only threatened to blow the shit outta ppl if the US attacks them...which is fair enough i think...the way the Us is handling the situation sounds very much a power game to me...
          You are right they do have the right to cleaner more efficient fuel. The question is if they are really doing that or not. Iran has been threatening to blow up Israel since the beginning. Did you miss the photos of their president linking him to the terrorist attack on that cruise ship? (I think it was that one, in the 80s maybe?) That part of the world is a mess. We as spectators have no clue about what is really going on over there. We only get to see the biased "news". Lots of speculation by morons trying to make news out of half truths.

Also, the US is not the only one involved in this. The largely ineffectual UN, Russia, China, etc are all involved. I don't have any doubt the US is a main driver. Iran and the US have had problems for as long as I remember. However, this is not about the US and Iran only. If Iran uses their nuke power to make weapons we will all pay for it. So we have to look at the risk side of this. Are they really trying to make cleaner power? Or are they using this as a front to create weapons? Given their history I am afraid it is the latter, it may cost us all to find out the answer. Unfortunately, I think this will get worse before it gets better.

Comment

Iran has been threatening to blow up Israel since the beginning

yeah but they said they'd only do that if the US attacked them that's what i'm saying

you are right there is a lot going on...especially with china attempting to be seen as a world player...this is a situation which could backfire on anyone... but i think that there is a way round it...i know one of the suggestions has been that if Iran ceases we will help them develop cleaner nuclear fuel and give them supervision...if that worked it could see a resolution

Comment

That idea is based on at least two false premises: 1) that Iran really only wants nuclear energy rather than nuclear weapons; and 2) that Russia and/or China would actually be interested in reigning in a militant anti-western soon-to-be nuclear power. The current situation is classic realpolitik and will not end well for anyone involved. At this point I only hope it is the self-righteous European moralizers who first see the mushroom clouds blooming over their cities rather than we here in the US. I give it 5-10 years if no military action is taken to head the situation off.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by VinceV; 04-30-2006, 06:09 PM.
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
                  Unfortunately their president is a crazy as a shithouse bat.
                  So is our monkey in "charge"
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X