Some guitar players just piss me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some guitar players just piss me off!

I bought the King Diamond re-release of Abigail that has a DVD with it. Very cool by the way! Has a live show and some old ass videos.

Anywho, there's an interview in the booklet with the band. Andy La Rocque says he's a better rhythm player than lead and only plays lead because he pretty much has to.

That just pisses me off! Andy is one of my favorite lead players out there and he thinks he sucks at it!

I don't get dudes like that. I've seen dicks with a fraction of the talent who think they are gods...
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Amen to that. I've seen Andy LR live a couple of times recently, and his playing is so rock solid and well executed. I can hear everything he plays live, crystal clear and right on = great experienced player. He's smooth and relaxed and his riffs kills. He is just so cool.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Call me cynical, but when I hear shredding players say this I always wonder if they're just using the "aw shucks" factor to seem even better than they are.

Take Eddie Van Halen as an example. He started out saying "aw shucks" when people raved about his playing. But a few years later, after booze had loosened his tongue more, he started whining about how he was the originator and everyone had ripped him off. Given that many people knew that the Chapman Stick was around long before he made tapping popular, he blew his modest cover.

Of course, coming from a region full of awesome shredders, he may have been completely sincere. But I bought Ed's modesty act and was really jaded when he showed true colors.

BTW, was going through my old guitar mags and found the Jan. 1988 Guitar World with Michael Schenker on the cover with his extensions. There's a writeup on Adny LaRocque and also Michael Moon, who'd just replaced Denner in King Diamond. I don't know about him, has he done anything else of note? I was not impressed when they said he didn't use effects because his manager lost his pedals in a bar!

Andy looked like a teenager in the pic! Hey, maybe he was, that was nearly 20 years ago!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

maybe he hears in his playing what i do in mine...all the mistakes...lmao...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

I wish I was half the lead player that Andy was. All modesty aside, I know I'm a great rhythm player, but I consider myself a beginner when it comes to soloing.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Half the interviews and quotes that appear on liner notes are crap anyway. I wouldn't believe it. If he did say it he is just being modest.

Comment

"Half the interviews and quotes that appear on liner notes are crap anyway. I wouldn't believe it. If he did say it he is just being modest."
              +1

Comment

At least he was not being a cocky arrogant bitch. Those are the ones I can't stand. At least he his his feet on the ground enough to not make himself look like an egotistical fucktard.-Lou
                " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
                  and also Michael Moon, who'd just replaced Denner in King Diamond. I don't know about him, has he done anything else of note?
                  Rich, all I could find is his real name, Michael Myllynen, and that previous to KD he was in Swedish rock band Madison. He was only in KD for one year, 1987.

LaRocque's birthday is November 29, 1962.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

LaRocque seems very happy to be on stage and very aware of the audience. Eye contact and smiles are being thrown. Not a starfucker. In fact, i see in him, the same i see in many other OLDER metal guys: satisfaction and joy of playing for a crowd. And very grateful for being there.

We have a small 500 seats club here locally, where lately i've seen DIO, King Diamond, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy and a few others and ALL of them are very surprised and genuinely grateful for the massive support they receive here. I guess age makes us all humble in a good way.

Except for Yngwie, of course
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                    X