Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEVERMORE Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Diagnosed With Chronic Kidney Disease - May 1, 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEVERMORE Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Diagnosed With Chronic Kidney Disease - May 1, 2006

NEVERMORE Guitarist STEVE SMYTH Diagnosed With Chronic Kidney Disease - May 1, 2006 NEVERMORE guitarist Steve Smyth has been diagnosed with end-stage kidney failure, the result of a congenital birth defect. Says Smyth: "I have been diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and have been advised to preserve my health as much as possible at this time, as I am facing 'complete renal failure' within six months, and ultimately, a transplant. Due to my recently diagnosed condition, I have decided not to join the band on the IN FLAMES U.S. tour. I want to be fair to the fans, and be able to give them a show I know I can deliver night after night. I will, however, join NEVERMORE on all four of the European festivals on our itinerary in early June: Gods of Metal, Rock Hard, Rott Fest, and Sweden Rock, after which, the doctors should have some news about the next step in my treatment. I will say this: I will fight this, and I will be back!" JAG PANZER guitarist Chris Broderick will fill in for Smyth on the upcoming U.S. tour, after which Smyth will rejoin the band for the aforementioned European festival dates.

NEVERMORE announced last week that their bass player and one of the founding members Jim Sheppard will soon be undergoing a minor procedure for Crohn's Disease, a condition he's managed for over 15 years. Unable to perform with the band during the first part of their upcoming tour with IN FLAMES, Sheppard will be temporarily replaced longtime friend James MacDonough (ex-MEGADETH, ICED EARTH).

NEVERMORE, who just wrapped up a series of dates with ARCH ENEMY, will be supporting DISTURBED across Europe this fall. After their touring activity the band will be taking time off to write the follow-up to last year’s critically acclaimed album "This Godless Endeavor".

Ah man, this sucks. Hope he gets better soon

Wow, hope he pulls through. I donate blood regularly, I'm in the NMDP and I have a donor spot on my license.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

well that truly SUCKS!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

What a sad thing. That band is on it's way up and he takes a hit like that. Tragic... F-ing tragic.

Comment

That sucks. He was very cool @ Gigantour.

Comment

Steve made the right decision in choosing to handle this now. He's an awesome person and I wish him the best of luck. If I hear anything about his status I'll let you guys know.

Comment

damn........that blows
              MOSH ON
              DAVE
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Maybe some crazy metal fan will give him a kidney.

Comment

wow, Steve & Jim. Hope both are fine, and especially that Steve can get on top of this. Hopefully the time off to write will give them good time to recover too.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Sad news, but at least he knows what he's dealing with and is taking care of it. Hope he will be back soon with renewed health.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X