No announcement yet.

The Da Vinci Code - May 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if anyone noticed, but the 19th is this Friday. That is my pointless point.

Comment

Some Catholics are in a uproar..boy who didn't see that coming..
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

3 Days and I'm so there!

If any idiot protesters are there it may be good while before I'm around here again, because It will take some time to remove my foot from someones ass and I'm pretty sure there's laws against that...

Brown stated.. "A novelist must be free to draw appropriately from historical works without fear that he'll be sued and forced to stand in a courtroom facing a series of allegations that call into question his very integrity as a person,"

This guy openly says he has the right to plagiarise any work that HE deems historical, without anyone questioning his "integrity". Moron, or oxymoron
        I don't think he's saying it's ok to plagiarize or he has a right to, but to use historical works as only a reference, especially where historical facts are involved.

The 2 authors that sued him were just pissed off because their books, based roughly on the same subject matter, didn't do anywhere near as well as The Da Vinci Code.

They should be thanking Dan Brown for bringing their books to the attention of those who read Dan's book and then some. Sales on books based on the Holy Grail and Knights Templar have gone nuts.

"Holy Blood, Holy Grail" even has a brand new cover design. Go figure...
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Double post...nothing to see here.
          Last edited by St.James; 05-16-2006, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
            Some Catholics are in a uproar..boy who didn't see that coming..
            I'm surprised the vatican hasn't caused riots and shit or banned catholics from seeing the movie because they've decided for everyone that it is a sin now...

Comment

I loved the book. I've never read a book that fast before...I usually just sparknote it for school haha. This movie is gonna be pretty L337

Comment

I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard, but would rather watch a movie based on factual information, rather than a fantasy novel not based on research. Just the engineer in me I guess. They are not getting my money.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                  I like Tom Hanks and Ron Howard, but would rather watch a movie based on factual information, rather than a fantasy novel not based on research. Just the engineer in me I guess. They are not getting my money.
                  You mean something like other Tom Hanks films, like Splash, Big, Toy Story or Forrest Gump? Or Ron Howard's other works, like Edtv, Cocoon, Willow or How The Grinch Stole Christmas?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65
                    rather than a fantasy novel not based on research. Just the engineer in me I guess. They are not getting my money.
                    Have you read the book? It *is* a fantasy, but the amount of detail and research had to have been exhaustive. I especially remember the intricacies of the locations and their meanings, and the characters needing to solve codes to find them....very much like a techno-architectural treasure hunt!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                      Have you read the book? It *is* a fantasy, but the amount of detail and research had to have been exhaustive. I especially remember the intricacies of the locations and their meanings, and the characters needing to solve codes to find them....very much like a techno-architectural treasure hunt!

I've been reading people's comments about the book and the movie on different forums and the biggest part of the negativity would appear to be from people who haven't even read the book.

One comment that kind of stood out for me said, "...why would anyone want to insult our savior?" Pretty much tells me opinions are being force fed to people.

I've read the book twice and can't remember anything insulting...

Comment

I was listening to my pals on the BBC at 1AM PDT, 8 GMT. They had a sneek preview for people at Cannes. I was a little surprised by the response of the audience.
                        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I read the book..barely...

No, I won't see the movie..even when it's goes to video..

I don't like Star Wars either..

I like pussy!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

early reviews on tonights news sounds like it tanked
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                              early reviews on tonights news sounds like it tanked
                              You gave away the ending.:ROTF:
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I want to see Bench Warmers..now that movie looks thought provoking and has some pretty deep subject matter!

Comment

Working...
                                X