Home recording question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home recording question

OK So I am thinking of finally getting into the home recording game and need some opinions. Should I spend the money on a self contained system like one of the Roland VS units, or should I just improve/increase the power in my computer and get an mbox II? I have used both in the past but would like some input from guitarists as to the cost effectiveness of each. Thanks in advance.
    What would Jerry do?

I had a Boss BR1180CD. It's a very cool self contained unit that makes good recordings. However, the biggest problem with it was a noisy hard drive. I ended up selling it on ebay because it drove me nuts. I couldnt use a mike anywhere near it. I had to run a direct line from my flextoneII HD, and use headphones just to keep from hearing the screach. Hope that helps.....
    >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Id go the Mbox route. You can always expand with better DIGIdesign hardware if needed.

Comment

Go pc, so much more available to you that way.

I have been using the line6 ux2 for while and I really like it. The direct monitor feature is cool and easy to use. You can record dry whil monitoring with effects. Very easy set up. I borrowed the unit and I like it so much I just bought one from on eof hte JCF dealers !!!

Comment

Working...
        X