NYC area JCF'ers Bar Crawl This Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC area JCF'ers Bar Crawl This Saturday

Bar crawl tomorrow, Saturday, May 6th. Starts at noon. Gramercy Park area. I post these twice a year. May and November.

12pm Rolf's German Restaurant: 281 3rd Ave bet. 22nd & 23rd St.

1:00 Pete's Tavern: 129 E18th St. @Irving Plaza bet Park Av S. & 3rd Av.

2:00 Old Town Bar: 45 E.18th St. bet. B'way & Park Av S.

3:00 Grand Saloon: 158 E.23rd St. near Lex

4:00 McCormack's: 365 3rd Av. bet 26th & 27th

5:00 Rodeo Bar: 375 3rd Ave @ 27th St.

6:00 McSwiggan's: 2nd Av 22nd & 23rd.

7:00 Black Bear Lodge: 274 3rd Av @ 22nd St.
    Copper Door Tavern: 272 3rd Ave @ 22nd (Choice of 2 bars)

8:00 The Hairy Monk: 337 3rd Av @ 25th St
    Fitzgerald's: 336 3rd Av @ 25th St. (again, choice of 2)

9:00 Paddy McGuire's: 237 3rd Ave bet 19th & 20th.
    Proof: 239 3rd Ave bet 19th & 20th (choice of 2 bars)

10pm No Idea: 30 E. 20th St. @ Broadway

11pm Live Bait: 14 E. 23rd St. near Madison

12 Mid Night Tracy J's: 106 E. 19th St near Park Ave.

It usually only starts out with like 5 or 6 people, but by late afternoon it is a frigging crowd. Good times, good beer. Anyone interested can pm me. I'll probably get there early in the crawl and try to hang all the way through.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Stukes,
    Pete's has fukkin' good food too, been there many times, you should end it at McSorley's and see who's left standing.
    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Tommy, I'll make sure I eat at Pete's. Where is McSorley's? I'll add it to the list.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

McSorley's rocks!!! Great food, they make their own beer... light or dark. I went there once many years ago. The local liquor store here used to sell McSorley's, too.
        I'd love to go, but I've got a sore throat and slight cold, so I think I'll be resting this weekend.

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/city/n...e-new-york.htm
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          I'd love to go, but I've got a sore throat and slight cold, so I think I'll be resting this weekend.
          Friggin' slacker. The booze would do you good. Flush out the system. C'mon Joe, you know you want to go.
          Scott

Comment

ok, forgive me for sounding like an idiot as I'm not much of a "bar fly" but how does this work? Are you walking around the whole time just walking from bar to bar? It really sounds like a friggin blast!!
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87
              Friggin' slacker. The booze would do you good. Flush out the system. C'mon Joe, you know you want to go.
              You're right, the booze would probably flush me out. I found this page that should probably go into the "colon cleanse" thread.
              http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/C...mcsorleys.html
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

yeah, you just keep breathing, walking, and drinking, and then when you're about to crash I fix things so the surge continues-lol
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

damn, I'd love to go.....
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68
                    damn, I'd love to go.....
                    Yeah, Dave. Tommy is right. You just follow the schedule. All the bars are within a short walking distance. Usually I am drunk by early afternoon, running on stupidity and even more beer the rest of the day.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                      You're right, the booze would probably flush me out. I found this page that should probably go into the "colon cleanse" thread.
                      http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/C...mcsorleys.html
                      Now you have no excuse, Joe. I'll see you there!!
                      Scott

Comment

One day I'll get across there for one of these! Have a good 'un!
                        Wal - Good from far, but far from good

Comment

How was it Scott? Any video?
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                            How was it Scott? Any video?
                            No video, sorry. Myself and Mr. Pink had a great time. We got to the city at 12:30 in the afternoon. We started at Rolf's. Great beer. We did eat at Pete's Tavern (Fruitbat's request) and the food was excellent. Had the cheeseburger, also fresh mozzarella and tomatoes with greens. Couple bottles of Bud. Awesome. We kept it going until about 10:30. Man, we were bombed, but having a great time. We finished it off with a trip to Burritoville on 23rd. Best burritos in NYC, well, the best I have ever had. It's a regular stop for us in Manhattan. Took a cab to the ferry terminal. We stretched out on the benches like bums. I fell right to sleep. When the ferry got there Joe kicked me to wake me up. Got home about 11:30 and got up for work at 6:15am.
                            Scott

Comment

Working...
                            X