No announcement yet.

Anybody like Musclecars & Dirtbikes PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you took an old Elsinore on todays motocross tracks, you would die, plain and simple. How could you prefer the old non adjustable twin shock rears over todays multi adjustable rising rate linkage systems? My KX has 13 inches of travel in the rear and I've bottomed it out many times... and that rear end wasn't at the top of the heap in 2001 when it was new.

High compression is more of a problem with the new 4 strokes... those things are a pain in the ass to start. Give me a 250 two stroke any day.

Nice Camaro by the way!

Comment

deleted
      Last edited by SGplayer; 07-15-2006, 12:07 AM.

Comment

"If you took an old Elsinore on todays motocross tracks, you would die, plain and simple."

BING!
        "POOP"

Comment

Comment

Ah, I think the tracks are too dangerous now anyway. Everytime I approach a double with a peaked landing, I'm scared shitless

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Here was my 99 YZ 400. The bike that started it all. I was one of the first 4 stroke converts here in district 13. This thing was like a top fueler compared to my YZ 250. My 250 had extensive head work by PC, and bump sticks suspension. The 400 just flat smoked it, in all areas.

I recent threw a leg over a friends 450, I was blown away by how much easier it was to ride than my 400. His YZ 450 was a torque macine. I went around his practice track in second, never having to shift. Lug it or rev it, the bike responded.

Comment

Well, I don`t race anymore for starts, and I like simpler technonogy. I also don`t like how the newer bikes are so high and you slide right to the gas tanks. Hell, I liked my old XR80 better than the newer bikes. My brother and I raced and rode for hours and never stopped to let them cool down, never neaded a radiator, they were fine and we beat them up litterally. I`ll stick to the older designs and be quite happy as I don`t race and oh, I never bottomed out even wehn flying over double/triple jumps with my old 2 shock bikes, another misnomer, myabe the pro`s do. To each thier own bros Jack.
                  Last edited by slayer; 05-07-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Comment

My buddy has an '04 CRF450, and I have to admit, it is a great bike. I've ridden a CRF250 and it was very cool as well. The 4 strokes are fine, but the maintenance aspect of it scares me off. If your valves get screwed up, you are looking at major $$$$.

Keep your oil changed and your air filter clean lol.

If I get a new bike, I'm going for an RM250. The new Suzuki's are sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by quakana
                        My 67 drop top......LOVE the Z man..that thing is worth some $$$$$
                        Used to ride motocross and BMX years ago. My last bike was a 1983 YZ 125...man I miss riding. I have had CR's RM's and YZ's never have owned a KX....maybe it time to buy one.....that one looks sweet. Cant imagine what the technology has done for the sport in the last 20 years but I would love to find out
                        man, that's a nice one i surely wouldn't mind having one of these....may i ask you how much you gotta pay nowadays for a car like this?
                        and btw, how about the gas mileage?

Comment

Thanks, its a 350 4 speed so the gas milage sucks but its a weekend car (fair weather too). Its a non matching numbers car so this one would probably go aroung $25,000.00, I paid 20 three years ago

Comment

Working...
                          X