You know you're a scumbag when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know you're a scumbag when...

...you get kicked out of an all-you-can-eat buffet!

http://www.nbc4.tv/foodnews/9165824/detail.html

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Wendy Dershem may think twice before leaving that egg roll on her plate at her next Chinese buffet.

The Des Moines woman, her boyfriend and her two children were kicked out of a restaurant last week after management at Dragon House accused her of leaving too much food on her plate.

Dershem said she paid for her buffet on Saturday but was abruptly told to leave after eating one plate of food.

Employees said they had been watching her family on previous trips to the restaurant and were fed up with her habits. They said she would pile her plate with food, take one bite and throw it away.

"They just take one bite and throw it away," said cashier Lin Huyen. "They take four egg rolls and crab ragoon, take one bite of egg roll and throw the whole plate. That is wasting food."

Dershem said she was shocked by the scolding and complained to management when she paid her check.

Dragon House manager Kent Cao said his restaurant does not offer an all-you-can waste buffet. He said Dershem's family took food, didn't finish it and then piled on the same food again, he said. He says he won't allow her back in the restaurant unless she changes her ways.

--------------------------------------

Imagine reading that the voice of "Chitty Wok" guy from South Park! :ROTF:
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Let'em come on down south. It's not all you can waste, it's more like all you can shove into your purse.
    Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

BTW it was $5.95

Here's what the local bloggers are saying (some know her)

http://blogs.dmregister.com/?p=1468#more-1468
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Some of those posts there are total BS. Like this one,

"
        My young niece was at an all you can eat Chinese buffet and got some rice. The waitress took the soy sauce, so the poor kid didn’t like the rice. The management came around and told her they would call the police if she didn’t eat up. She was with a church group. Needless to say, she nor her family and friends won’t be going back."

They would call the police if the kid didn't eat the rice? What the hell could they do about it? That was just stupid.
        Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Good for them for kicking that bitch out. I've seen people do that, and it's just stupid. Yeah, sometimes at a buffet, I'll throw aomething out if I don't like it, but generally I eat all of the food I put on my plate.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I know of one Chinese buffet in the area that has a sign stating they charge extra for wasting excessive amounts of food.

Comment

Good! we shouldn't waste food, because of all the starving kids in China!

I guess at these places it hits home!

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X