Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone else find that a single beer will help them sleep better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else find that a single beer will help them sleep better?

I have trouble sleeping.

Ever since I started college I've been unable to go to sleep before 3-4am and I have early classes for which I have to wake up @ 5 for.

some nights, I toss and turn until 4 or 430 and just give up and start getting ready for school or work.

I find that drinking a beer usually helps me get kinda sleepy

Trying one right now, I have to wake up in 4 hours

Beer= good
    I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Originally posted by Drsracing
      Beer= good
      amen to that

Comment

I find that ~15-20 beers will do it for me

Comment

Beer #8 right now and still going......

Comment

sounds like you're doing too much turning and not enough tossing. Try rubbing one out before bedtime. That'll fix you right up, young fella!
            Hail yesterday

Comment

That's a damn good point Gary!!!

Comment

ambien and xannax..that's what I do!!

No beer..I don't like beer.

Just take a regular over the counter Benedryl..allergy capsule..half hour befor bedtime..it'll make you a little groggy in the morning..but it will get you to sleep..it's the same sleep aid drug that is found in all the tylonal PM stuff..but without the tylonal..

I've been a cronic insomniac for well over 20 years..I tried everything.

wine is known to help better than beer..that is what I'm told..I don't drink..so I take their word for it..

whenever I do drink some wine I do get lethargic..and tired.

weed helps too!!

There was a natural sleep aid that I was taking..mellatonin(sp?) ..that wasn't effective as ambien..

one thing with ambien is that you LIKE the buzz so you try and stay awake..but you actually "trip" and do fucked up things that you can't remeber..until your wife tells you the next day...like the time I smooshed watermelon all over my head and table and passed out all sticky with watermelon seeds all stuck on me..you know..stuff like that!!
                Last edited by horns666; 05-08-2006, 01:14 AM.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I like beer, but I find smoking a big hoolie, and then drinking 4 or 5 beers really helps me sleep. Unfortunately, I then wake up at 3am and have to take an enormous piss.
                  Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                    one thing with ambien is that you LIKE the buzz so you try and stay awake..but you actually "trip" and do fucked up things that you can't remeber..until your wife tells you the next day...like the time I smooshed watermelon all over my head and table and passed out all sticky with watermelon seeds all stuck on me..you know..stuff like that!!
                    This post is useless wihtout pics!!! :ROTF:
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Yo Gio,

Just be careful man, I've had someone close to me become a raging alcoholic this way. Now she cannot sleep without drinking an entire bottle of wine every night, it's very sad.
                      With that said, it's no surprise a beer will help ya nod off. Hops is commonly used safely in insomnia herbal preparations.

Cheers,
                      Em

Comment

There's a reason you can't sleep.

Do you enjoy college?
                        Henrik
                        AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                          Try rubbing one out before bedtime. That'll fix you right up, young fella!
                          So true. It's like a sleeping pill.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I can't sleep either, but one beer isn't enough to get me sleepy and I don't wanna drink that much just to sleep every night. I used to take one of those sleep aid pills, but didn't know when to stop because I thought I needed em every night, so I stopped completley just in case, but now I can't sleep again

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
                              sounds like you're doing too much turning and not enough tossing. Try rubbing one out before bedtime. That'll fix you right up, young fella!
                              :ROTF: I swear I thought I was the only one to every try that, but it does work

Comment

Working...
                              X