Any gamers keeping an eye on E3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any gamers keeping an eye on E3?

I think it starts tomorrow. I used to be a huge gamer when I was younger, but still enjoy em. I'm dying to see how the new Nintendo console works in terms of downloading old games. I love the old school games, I'll probably want to download the old Castlevania, Zelda, and Mario games when it comes out. The console only holds 512MB though, so I don't see how it can hold many games. I think each old Nintendo/SNES game was something like 12kb each though (the cartridge held very little, forgot how much) so it might be cool. That new Zelda games looks awsome, I don't know if I should buy the new Wii system to play it or play it on the Camecube. I don't know that I can ever get used to that new controller.

I don't know that I want to buy the XBox 360 or PS3 yet because there is only one game for each system that looks kickass (I haven't seen a lot though). I think Killzone for PS3 looks amazing, assuming those vids online are actual gameplay and not just generated video. Gears of War for XBox360 looks damned cool too, but I don't wanna spend that much on a system for just one or two games. Plus the whole reason I stopped playing is because I never got out and my guitar playing suffered, so if I buy all 3 I'm never leaving the house. I fee like such a dork talking about video games but hell I used to love em and now they look incredible compared to what they looked like even 5 years ago. I would have loved to gone there and checked it out, but too late now. Saving up beer money for NAMM

- Irf -

Hey Irfaan,

I'll be keeping an eye on it. The only next-gen system I'm planning on buying is the Nintendo one, I don't know why they renamed it to "Wii" or something like that. I'm basically buying it for all of the old-school NES/SNES games too. I've got a bunch of ROMs, but I'm more than happy to buy them and play them under an official format. I've still got a bunch of PS2 games I've got to finish before buying any new system, though. The only thing that will get me to buy a PS3 would be a FFVII remake.

Comment

The only console I like is Nintendo. I still have them all except the game cube. Never bought into that. About a year ago I bought the original NES system specifically for the Legend Of Zelda.

That's really the main game I'll play. Other than that I prefer PC games. If they'd put Zelda on PC I'd go nuts! Now I'm waiting for the next Splinter Cell and Max Payne.

I do have Playstation and had PS2, but I don't like them very much
      Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

At this point all I have to say is...

$600 PS3 = LOL...

Comment

I went out and got the 360 and it is amazing I still shake my head at how the graphics can possibly look this good.HOWWWEVER man I see what your saying about these things being addictive.I am likely selling this damn thing because it is a serious time guzzler.My son keeps saying you will be sorry look at all the new games this month...then I look at my poor unplayed guitars.....yeah it has to goooo

Comment

There haven't been any really good games to come out lately, at least not at the same pace they were 5 years ago.

I'm waiting for HL2 expansion.... there's not much out there that interests me...
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have two old nes systems (in case one breaks down) and it is still awesome.. I got most of the cool games for it (mario, zelda, kirby, megamen etc etc) and they still work!

as far as the new consoles go, I am a Playstation guy for a couple of reasons.
              -The controllers of the gamecube and Xbox suck. They have weird knobs and sticks on stupid places. Especially the gamecube consoles are really crappy imo..
              -I'm a huge racing game fan and the PS has the best racing games (Gran Turismo!!)

So I'll probably buy a PS3 when it's been on the market for a while and when it's cheaper... just like I did with my PSX and PS2
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I'm really excited about the new Nintendo home console.The new pad seems to offer new gameplay experience (think what will be to play a star wars game and use it like a laser saber!!) The official conference will start in smth like 3 hrs and finally they will reveal everything about it.Wii it's also the best looking and cheaper console so I think I'll go for it...did I say smth about Metroid Prime 3?

PS: I find the gamecube gamepad the best pad of its generation...

Comment

I'm a fan.
                  Not touching the PS3 until the first pricedrop. Sony's systems are nortoriously prone to breakdown until the first chip redesign.
                  Have a 360 and am loving it. Playing lots of TES Oblivion and Geometry Wars.
                  Waiting to see the price of Nintendo's console. Grew up with the NES so they have a place nobody else can take in my mind.
                  Also hugely anticpating which platform is going to get Mercenaries 2.
                  The first one rocked so hard!!
                  Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I'm playin oblivion too!
                    Btw, just finished to watch the Nintendo conference and what can I say is just: wow!
                    I grew up with nes too, the possibility to play all the old masterpieces is a great thing indeed,and with all the new features of the console make it a must buy for me!

Comment

Where did you see the Nintendo press conference?

Comment

Originally posted by St.James
                        The only console I like is Nintendo. I still have them all except the game cube. Never bought into that.
                        The only one I own now is Game Cube. I like it a lot. I've even got the adapter/cradle thing that hooks into the bottom so I can plug in all the old little Game Boy and Game Boy Advance cartridges.

Actually, I still own the Sega Saturn console and have a bunch of games for it, but it's collecting dust down in the basement. I should probably hook that up to my other tv down there.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                          Where did you see the Nintendo press conference?
                          In LA!....ehr streaming through gamespot but I believe that other videogame sites offer that service!

I'm sure it will be on emule in some hour though!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
                            In LA!....ehr streaming through gamespot but I believe that other videogame sites offer that service!

I'm sure it will be on emule in some hour though!
                            Thanks! I think I'm grabbing the Wii the day it comes out That dosen't sound right at all

Comment

I have 2 PS2s, and I'll probably get a PS3 after the first price drop. Wireless controllers!!! Wheeeeee!!!
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X