No announcement yet.

Paypal or "No Deal"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two words. Delivery confirmation. Try it...it's easy and cheap.
    And I know it only works on parcels, but a Priority mail box/sleeve is worth the extra change.
    Save everything, track everything is my motto when it comes to the Internet.
    Last edited by Flametop; 05-09-2006, 09:17 PM.
    The Buzzard does not fear
    The man in riot gear
    Harvest a skull of stone
    The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Went the PO and here's how it works: Wait a whiie longer to see if she gets the MO. Then if she hasn't, I have to wait 60 DAYS and pay a fee to have the MO traced. If it hasn't been cashed they will issue to me a replacement MO. To say this sucks is an understatement.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by OnlineStageGear
        This is true. If it gets there at all. I had a credit card payment get lost once.

Matt
        agreed, the post office has been VERY inconsistant for the last year or possibly 2. I use them a lot....
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flametop
          Two words. Delivery confirmation. Try it...it's easy and cheap.
          And I know it only works on parcels, but a Priority mail box/sleeve is worth the extra change.
          Save everything, track everything is my motto when it comes to the Internet.
          Just use a regular envelope and get it sent Certified Mail. You can then use the tracking number on their website to see when it was delivered.
          Last edited by toejam; 05-10-2006, 04:26 PM.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, the only consolation, I suppose, is that given the seller knows about the Post Office situation, unless they want to be found out, they wouldn't lie to you about receiving the MO.

Comment

I think I'll send her a photocopy of the MO receipt. Good or bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by fett
                I think I'll send her a photocopy of the MO receipt. Good or bad idea.
                You could, but it doesn't mean she's going to hold the guitar for you. When I have to pay by mail, I always send Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation, and of course the money order is insured. I've had no problems with that, and they DO get it within 2-3 days. Of course I've had a Priority Mail package coming TO me that got lost for 2 weeks, but only once.

Paypal is SO much easier, but it has its own hazards, hence the bank account for Paypal use only, kept to a minimum. They can't freeze what isn't there, in case of a dispute. It is just safer and cuts the shipping and delivery timeframe. I notice more people are dropping it as an option though, from disputes that went the wrong way for them probably...

Are we talking high-end ($200) or low-end (-$100) on this one Fett?

Hey! I just noticed it's Fett again! What happened to Uncle Fettster? Got tired of the new moniker?
                Last edited by lerxstcat; 05-12-2006, 09:31 AM.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Even with the new name I was still just "fett" so I changed it back. It was a high-end purchase.:ROTF: I'm not so worried about her holding the guitar as I am that she cashed the MO and didn't send it. The killer is I won't know if it was cashed for more than 60 days. I will wait until next Tuesday to see if she received the MO. And then..............
                  Last edited by fett; 05-12-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

It shouldn't take two months to find out if the item was cashed.

Sometimes it does take time for mail to get to a place, I sold some cards on eBay, and they said they sent the payment April 5th...I didn't get it until May. Their post mark was right on for when they said, and their money order also was spot on for the date.

They were able to call a phone number and find out that the MO wasn't cashed.

Comment

How to handle lost/stolen PMOs:

http://www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/welcome.htm
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks Racer. I'll wait a few more days and go fill out the form, but the person at the PO said 60 days. I hope she is wrong.

Comment

Just like the other shipping companies, PO employees are inconsistent re their own regs. Good luck.

Comment

The whore cashed the MO on May 17th. I just got the photocopy from the PO. Guess who's no longer a registered used?

Comment

So what happens now? Will the PO give you a refund?

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                                So what happens now? Will the PO give you a refund?
                                :ROTF: :ROTF: Not!!!! I checked her last 5 or so auctions and she took the money and ran. I'm just out $220. She cashed it through WFB and they even wrote her account number on the back. Her E-Bay name was snOwhite2. That probably says it all.

Comment

Working...
                                X