Frig cold beer vs room temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frig cold beer vs room temp

Let me start this by saying I like my beer and lots of it. However, I get mine out of the frig or out of the 18 pack on the floor. The old school says that beer should be about room temp. I get them where they happen to be. Well, I have come to the conclusion that room temp beer tastes better. The cold gets in the way of what tastebuds I have left. That is unless I just played a rugby match.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Ice cold for me, thanks

Comment

The ONLY way to drink beer is room temp. You don't have to worry about fridge space, and you can go to the lake w/o a cooler. I like it warm JMO.....Room temp tastes better!! :ROTF:

Comment

Never cared for warm beer. Europeans seem to like beer warm, most Americans like it cold.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          Never cared for warm beer. Europeans seem to like beer warm, most Americans like it cold.
          +1

Comment

I went to a street fair over the weekend, there was a booth advertising a bar, sign said "Coldest Beer in Town!" so I ask the guy what do you mean, just how cold is your beer? He replied "beer freezes at 28 degrees*; we serve it at 29.5!"

* F
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

depends on the beer, but generally prefer it cold. If I buy a hot carton, I'll put most of it in the fridge and pop a 6 pack in the freezer to drop the temperature quickly. Can drink it warm in a pinch though - sometimes you just can't wait for it to cool down.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice cold beer and a big ol' steak =

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801

and a BJ after

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
                      and a BJ after
                      is that an offer?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

The colder the better! If you need your beer to be warm to taste it, you're just drinking yellow water.

Comment

If I'm drinking crappy beer, it's gotta be cold.

However, I like drinking Guiness and Belgian beers at room temp.
                          Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            Europeans seem to like beer warm
                            Not here - gotta be cold for me It's the traditional beers / ales which are served at room temperature over here. Lagers/Pilsners are served cold....
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli
                              Not here - gotta be cold for me It's the traditional beers / ales which are served at room temperature over here. Lagers/Pilsners are served cold....
                              Yep, +1
                              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Working...
                              X