No announcement yet.

Frig cold beer vs room temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it cold, but there is a bar I go to eat at, and people are always complaining thath their guiness is too cold. I've heard at least 4 people say "this is usually served warmer."

Comment

beer is a revolting beverage and the colder, the more it masks its taste. Ill take it cold!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
        Europeans seem to like beer warm, most Americans like it cold.
        I don't know who told you this, but I don't know a single European who likes warm beer - and believe me, I know a lot of Europeans

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
          beer is a revolting beverage !
          +1
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
            and a BJ after
            No no... DURING!
            Whataya Mean I Don't Support The System? I Go To Court When I Have To!

Comment

Depends on the beer. I´m european and believe me there is huge difference on how differen beers react to different tempereatures. I like lagers and pilsners to be cold(the yellow one).

When it gets to bitters, porters and stouts I like them room tempereature. If they get too cooled, it kills all the flavour in them.

So it depends on the beer.

Comment

Ok you UK guys have to explain room temp over there... it is not kitchen temp ..room temprature is cellar temprature there ..
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I rarely drink beer anymore, but it has to be cold if it's domestic American beer (not counting microbrewed). I'm talking Budweiser, Michelob etc.). If it's something like Guiness or Newcastle, I still like it cold, but say you nurse it and it gets warm, it's still tasty. Warm Budweiser really is pisswater.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

The 99 Cents Only store in my town has bottles of Pabst Blue Ribbon, 2 for 99c

http://www.99only.com/about.htm
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Cold Beer please...

Oh, and 3/14 is http://www.steakandbjday.com/ -Kinda NSFW (men's valentine's day)
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                        beer is a revolting beverage
                        Friggin' blasphemer.
                        Scott
                        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Kev has it right. When they serve beer at what everyone says is "room temperature" they are serving it at a temp similar to what fine wines are. Makes sense because most of them are fine beers. Not the watered down domestic crap that is popular over here. lol
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver
                            I don't know who told you this, but I don't know a single European who likes warm beer - and believe me, I know a lot of Europeans
                            Okay, I believe you.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Depends on the beer. Pilsner and lager generally has to be nice and cold. Stout, bitter, porter, brown ale, and pretty much all darker beers are nicer at room temperature. That also depends on the season too. When it's warm out, I'll put my Black Wych in the fridge.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
                              X