No announcement yet.

Lacuna Coil on Kimmel Tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched that video. Terrible. Cleverly disguised nu metal.

Comment

I hate "nu..anything..I see what your saying, but I thought it was going to more blatantly Nu..this was at least 'listenable"..I'll grab it for five bucks used..I won't buy this new..that's for sure...well I have all their other ones...may as well..

Nothing like their classic stuff tho..

whenever one of these bands gets popular in the states ...why is it mandatory to get all Nu and gay for some reason..I hate that!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
        I hate "nu..anything..I see what your saying, but I thought it was going to more blatantly Nu..this was at least 'listenable"..I'll grab it for five bucks used..I won't buy this new..that's for sure...well I have all their other ones...may as well..

Nothing like their classic stuff tho..

whenever one of these bands gets popular in the states ...why is it mandatory to get all Nu and gay for some reason..I hate that!
        Yep.. Look at In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Soilwork... All those bands have changed their sound to appeal to a USA audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
          Yep.. Look at In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Soilwork... All those bands have changed their sound to appeal to a USA audience.
          Yep..yer right on the money..

I'm glad I'm not the only complaining and noticing this crap..

yeah man I hear ya...

The new In Flames is a step in the right direction, their last one sucked ass..Stabbing the drama is lame IMO..Soilwork was one of my favorte swedish thrash band once upon a time..

But the new Terror 2000 is pretty awesome ...it's hilarious..they still get old school on that stuff..

"I like to see you fall..
          I like to see you crawl..
          I like to hit your face..
          with a mother fuckin' baseball"

Now that's lovely ditty..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah it is way to nu metal for me. I have some of their older stuff and it really was pretty cool ( i need a bit of more "melodic" stuff to mix between my normal death metal ) but the new album isn't my cup of tea.
            I always thought that half of Lacuna Coil's success is the fact that Cristina is looking hot. Oh well after all this goes to many bands with female singers.

Flo
            http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Infernal Death
              I always thought that half of Lacuna Coil's success is the fact that Cristina is looking hot. Oh well after all this goes to many bands with female singers.
              Combined with the fact that they were in the right place at the right time. Evanesence or whatever they're called (too lazy to check my spelling) hit it big and suddenly a good half of the female fronted bands started copying them. They all just decided to start putting out mediocre / simplistic music that focused around repeating riffs that were just fluff. Most of those female fronted bands are crap anyways.. I can count on one hand the ones I actually enjoy (Epica, Amaran (broken up), Nightwish (for the early stuff), and Sinergy (though I reserve the right to take this back if their new record sucks)).

Additionally, Lullacry is probably the worst female fronted band I've ever heard or seen.

(Man, I'm in a sour mood)

Comment

Epica edenbridghe are better imo...

however i'd take lc over limp friggin biscuit anyday, I don't care if I spelt it right:P

it's oright they arent that nu metal but they do go over the edge too much....

if I ever am big enough with my band, I'd never ever turn nu just to please audiences, I like floyds too much to downtune like some bands do...

D is the lowest my guitars will go drop C if I'm lazy E normally though....

Pretty good performance...

hopefully i'll be seeing them at download.....

Ozz

Comment

Chick bands I do dig are..

Epica
                  After Forever
                  Within Temptation
                  Nightwish
                  Edenbrigde
                  Old Lucauna Coil
                  The Gathering...prolly my fave..love Anneke's voice
                  Theater Of Tragedy
                  Tristiana...their new one ashes is good
                  Lullacry...some of their studio stuff is cool.
                  Lana Lane
                  Rain Fell Within
                  Fear of God..she's dead now
                  Warlock...Doro still kickin' ass.
                  Sinergy
                  Dreamaker
                  Darkwell

Oh...Arch Enemy..I really dig 'em..

Umm..I went blank for now..
                  Last edited by horns666; 05-11-2006, 05:24 PM.

Comment

"however i'd take lc over limp friggin biscuit anyday"

AMEN!

Comment

Plasmatics
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                        Chick bands I do dig are..
                        Poison?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                          Poison?

Comment

"Cristina's lookin' pretty hot though ...she reminds me of Sabine from Graveworm, kinda."

nah....she's OK i guess, but not really *that* hot in person. i dunno about christina as i've never met her in person, but apparently she's not that hot either....you gotta remember that all those promo pics etc are heavily photoshopped...if it's a chick band, that is.

Comment

I saw the performance, I had grabbed the album a few days ago. Its ok..their first cd was their best IMO. This cd is way to downtuned, the production makes the solos sound so thin cause they are turning the bass way up for a "Korn" like sound. Still there are some cool Indian/Middle eastern elements to the cd that make it listenable. Cristina rocks and deserves better material. She's a terrific live singer too, she was great on Kimmel.

Epica and Edenbridge are ok...Within Temptation is probably my favorite since it still has those sorta celtic influences. Plus Sharon makes Cristina look like an ugly hag. The Gathering is a really awesome band but its sorta..I dunno its experimental. Its not really in the same category as LC and Within Temptation. But hands down Anneke is the best female vocalist fronting a metal band, she's amazing.

Rain Fell Within
                              Their singer is in another band now I think. Brave or Todesboden. One of the bands that opened for Therion over here. I am just not sure which one it was. Both are terrific female fronted bands. Brave I think impressed me more but I am a little biased cause I know their guitarist.
                              Last edited by Chrisb; 05-11-2006, 11:22 AM.

Comment

the gathering ROCKS

Comment

Working...
                                X