Playing spaces at home....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing spaces at home....

I have just spent the last two days installing new canned lighting and painting all the walls. Last thing that needs to be done is a silk screen that was delivered from Amsterdam by a good friend is being converted into a Roman shade and the ceiling repaired from the lighting being installed. I am stoked. My home is starting to feel a little more like mine. While I was at it, I went ahead and repainted one of the bathrooms with the extra paint that was left over.

Just curious.... What have other people done to make their playing spaces feel like home. Anyone got any pictures of their studios? I will go ahead and post pictures as soon as the silk screen is finished.

The only thing I wish I had was nobody above me.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG
      Soon young jedi.... In the workings... screw the amsterdam shade.

-Nate

Comment

your room is sounding cool. I'd like to setup something similar, but in the meantime, I've taken over the front room in our house. Nothing special, but somewhere I can keep my amp & fx setup and my guitars in a rack along the wall, away from the general traffic areas. Plus all my guitar mags are stored in a bookcase there.

In our last house, everything had to live in a small space in the lounge room. My kids are pretty respectful of my gear so there was no danger of them messing with anything, but it meant that if I wanted to plug in, I had to drag a bunch of stuff into another room. Consequently, I rarely played through my amp. Now I can & the kids can still watch tv or whatever.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Ok... I aint finished... But, it is getting there. You should have seen the before photos. The place was a wreck. STill working on hanging up pictures and whatnot... just getting the base work together and done. I was going to try to find a old record store and find some old favorite albums to frame up. It would be cool to have all the old school Iron Maiden / Dio albums hanging on the wall =)

Someone call a waaaahmbulace... My feet, hands, and back are hurting from working =)

Last edited by nateb; 05-10-2006, 12:13 AM.

Comment

nice to see the JCF on that monitor

Nifty setup! You running the POD in stereo to your cabs?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yes... I am a professional bedroom guitarist =). Guitar -> PODXTPro(Gmajor in the loop) -> Peavey 2.6c -> 2x Genz Benz cabs. It sounds mean as hell to me... I bet there are some that would differ. But, I like it =)

-Nate

BTW. notice the two "This thread is worthless without pics!!!!" posts... I lol'ed when you replied and had to respond =)

Comment

I can't wait to get my PC setup in my front room. I spend a bit of time jamming along with Powertab, but always unplugged. It's great - I can be as sloppy as I like and still sound pretty good with PT plugging along there in the background! And with my shithouse memory, by the time I go plug into my amp, I promptly forget whatever it was I was playing & end up jamming on Crazy Train or Unchain the Night (again). Once I get the PC permanently setup in there, I can either run my AX1500G thru the sound card, or plug into my amp. Should make for more satisfying & productive sessions.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice set up!!! I need at least one of those Gflex cabs for my Vetta.

Comment

Hey Nate. The room is looking slick bro!!!
                    Did you ever get my PM????????
                    We definately need to get together and jam(more like I need to play with all your cool toys )

Jeremy

Comment

I wouldn't put that speaker cab so close to the tower.

Comment

Jeremy....

Message Sent

Originally posted by DarkSaga
                        Hey Nate. The room is looking slick bro!!!
                        Did you ever get my PM????????
                        We definately need to get together and jam(more like I need to play with all your cool toys )
                        Jeremy

Comment

very nice, Nate , may I ask what make and model monitor that is?
                          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

DELL something...
                            Henrik
                            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by nateb
                              Anyone got any pictures of their studios?
                              Yeah this is my new studio, but not quite there yet

Henrik
                              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Working...
                              X