What a rocking band!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blindmuddy
    They were on headbanger's ball last week and while it's nothing I'd go out and buy, it's no worse than the majority of the other stuff on there right now. And I'd have to give her some credit, in the stupid ass hip hop hoolywood world she's coming from this could amount to career suicide. Most people who are already famous tend to take the safe road and follow the pop trends to try and keep their spot in the public eye. Just look at Metallica or Aerosmith. When they wanted to do a blues album all Tyler did was cry about the potential of them losing their pop star status.
    +1

Good points, all. I thought it was cool that she'd take this route instead of attempting yet another R&B crossover. It's not the kind of band that she'll be playing fancy nightclubs or shopping centre openings. If she wants to make it with this project, she's gonna have to play metal clubs, etc. Not the kind of places you'd find your average Pop Princess. Plus it seems she's into the whole band thing, it's not just another celebrity vehicle. You go into a store to pick up their cd, you won't find "The Jada Pinkett Band".

I can't see myself running out to buy her album, but I'd listen to this before Slipknot, Godsmack, StaticX, Manson, Zombie or any of a number of other highselling "metal" bands.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

+2

Not my piece of cake, but not awful by any stretch. She really needs to learn how to sing rawer though. She doesn't have a bad voice, she just sounds really out of place in the overall soundscape.

Angela Gossow could teach her a thing or two.

Comment

Oh yeah, I'd much rather have this than any R&B / Rap BS..

During the entire 90's we were burried up to our eyeballs in ebonical gayness..never to see or hear a single metal vid and or song.

I'm sooooo done with that retarded crap....I hope it's gone forever!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You know what..My wife guessed who it was in three seconds..

I got to admit..Jada...well, hey she's got her own thang goin'..more power to her..

I won't be running out to grab the cd ....but what she's doing is fine with me!!

Vinny didn't guess that was Miss Purdy..

If she needed a player..I'd do it!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR
            So... umm... would that be considered Black Metal?
            I done shot motherfuckers, Joe!!!
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
              I done shot motherfuckers, Joe!!!
              You ain't motherfuckin' evil, Joe!
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Mutherfuckin' devil gonna stab you in the neck..Joe..

how ya like that!!

I'm a evil Mutha fucka..Joe"

-------------------------------------------------------

"I'm a white boy...

I live in a suburb"..:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                X