Frito Pie - anybody try it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VinceV
    Had my 1st Frito Pie back in 88. My dad's friend who had just gotten out of Prison, taught us how to make it. Seems it was a "specialty" of the cell chef, it could be made from things you could buy at the commisary.
    Vince, was this the recipe for Prison Frito Pie that your dad's friend taught you?

Ingredients:

1 bag fritos
    1 package instant ramen noodles (the kind in the cup, w/vegetables already in it)

Cooking steps:

1) Crush chips in bag
    2) Open bag of chips
    3) Pour contents of instant ramen noodles into bag of chips and shake bag to mix contents
    4) Add hot water to the bag
    5) Fold open end of bag to close it and wait 3 minutes
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Yup! Mmmm Yum, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner! Needs a touch of Solantro. Don't forget!
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumRider
        Vince, was this the recipe for Prison Frito Pie that your dad's friend taught you?

Ingredients:

1 bag fritos
        1 package instant ramen noodles (the kind in the cup, w/vegetables already in it)

Cooking steps:

1) Crush chips in bag
        2) Open bag of chips
        3) Pour contents of instant ramen noodles into bag of chips and shake bag to mix contents
        4) Add hot water to the bag
        5) Fold open end of bag to close it and wait 3 minutes

LOL, almost. His recipe was Fritos crushed in bag, and I think it was Wolf Brand Chili, or whatever generic chile/beans they could get, and then putting bag in hot water to heat it all up. This is off of my vague memory. From there I became aware of the more fancy versions of this dish. Like I said this was way back in 88. The more I think about it, your version is probably what they really had, as I can't see prisoners having access to can openers and such. Anyways that's what he told me they did.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Frito chili pie rules!!! (that's what we call it)

Comment

Oh yes, the almighty Frito Pie........Frito Pie....

Comment

Yeah, they eat them here too..they kick ass.

My friend likes them with fucking Mayo. Disgusting. Cum on Fritos and Chili.

Mike
              Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Dude, I have heard of some wrong things, but mayo and chilli is a little too much.

I think we should start a thread about Utah's "fry sauce" and sh!t people put mayo on.

Around here everything gets ranch dressing. Pizza and ranch is da bomb! (did I just say "da bomb"?)

BTW I just had a frito pie and a grey goose martini. Tre sophisticated eh??
                When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

I gotta admit I have never heard of this, but damned if I'm not dying to try it!!

Comment

I like extra cheese, and sliced halapenos on mine! yum!!!!!!
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by 442w30
                      Dude, I have heard of some wrong things, but mayo and chilli is a little too much.

I think we should start a thread about Utah's "fry sauce" and sh!t people put mayo on.

Around here everything gets ranch dressing. Pizza and ranch is da bomb! (did I just say "da bomb"?)

BTW I just had a frito pie and a grey goose martini. Tre sophisticated eh??
                      Dude, they put Mayo on everything down here...of course it is pronounced MY-Nez in New Orleans. My favorite is when I am in line at Subway and someone orders a meatball....and on goes the Mayo. Mayo and fucking red sauce.....

Mike
                      Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

BBBLLLEEECCCHHHHHH!!!!

Sorry guys...I'm with the dissenters here...LOL!
                        But then again, I'm a VERY finicky eater!

Seems everyone likes it...yuck! I hate Fritos as it is!
                        Last edited by VulfgangPfuck; 05-13-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X