Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water the new fuel?

http://www.jeffchabotte.com/waterfuel.wmv

Anyone know more on this, or ever heard of it before? Crazy enough, I found this on the Megadeth message board...

Damn, I'm googling this and his name (I think it's Jimmy Klein, can't make it out too well what the reporter says) and can't find a thing. Anyone?

Comment

There is one problem with using Water for fuel. You need Electrolysis to break down water into it's two elements (Hydrogen & Oxygen) to be able to burn the hydrogen portion. Electrolysis of water takes a huge amount of energy, much more than can be generated by burning the hydrogen. About the only place that the operation is economical is on a Nuclear Powered Submarine where oxygen is needed if staying submerged for such a long period and power is abundant.

Matt

Comment

Back in the year 2000 when I was still in school we had a project about this.
        Also nowadays here in Hamburg there are some busses wo run on water using this method.

Well I guess here in Germany alternative energy is generally more important, especially considering our gasoline prices.
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Here are a couple of things I found on this a while back.Interesting stuff....and getting way more important.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Yep producing the H+ atoms wich are needed for hydrogen cars , takes more energy then you get out of the proces in the engine, so you still need oil or gas or whatever to produce the H+

Comment

Right now the most promising candidate for large-scale H2 production is probably some form of pebble bed reactor. Of course the global warming chicken littles are going to go completely apeshit when they learn that water vapor from an H2 powered internal combustion engine is a far more effective greenhouse gas than CO2.
              Last edited by YetAnotherOne; 05-13-2006, 11:32 AM.
              Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Working...
              X