Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first ever paint job!! Please tell me what you think!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first ever paint job!! Please tell me what you think!!

here goes:

Looks pretty good to me Why'd you leave the strap buttons on though?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Haha that's awesome! Finally a bloodsplatter that actually looks like it has been around a violent killing scene including knives and chainsaws. Not like Jackson's very straight and even splatter jobs i've seen lately.

Did you just sling it out of the can or what?
      Will you sand down the thick areas before the clear coat?
      I would have loved to see a video when you did the splatter

Good job!
      Last edited by jackson1; 05-14-2006, 11:28 AM.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

the trouble with the jackson i've seen including the recent custom warrior on here (no offense) is that there's a) way too much blood, and b) its applied to thickly and c) the red is too bright for blood. when u kill someone there's more of a spray and the drips shouldn't be all evenly thick they should be more randomn. it'll also spray from a variety of directions rather than dripping from a paint brush so i tried to emulate that by flicking it all over the front in a quick whip from a paint brush and letting it run from the brush onto the body and down the back which is how it should look. i also varied the amount of paint on the brush by using a very small amount for the fine spray and lots for the runs. i also used a dark red paint which i think comes out a lot richer on white than most reds look on black, i think it was also reasonably thick which is more realistic and closer to the consistency of blood...

....not that i've ever chainsawed anyone.......

the flicking technique is just dip brush in paint pot and flick...imagine the brush is a knife and just pretend you're slashing at something with it...it seems to give the right effect....for the thicker splatters i wouldn't wipe any paint of the brush or let it drip ..i virtually just slung the paint right out of the pot with the brush....thinner splatters had the brush wiped a little first to get excess off then flicked....

i'm gonna leave the drips and that on with out sanding coz i think it'll add to the whole vibe of the guitar and it'll look more realistic as if there's actually a visible layer of blood on there...
        Last edited by sonicsamurai; 05-14-2006, 10:33 AM.

Comment

So from your last sentance, are you not gonna get it clearcoated?
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Fantastic, I love it. Very nice.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

i am gonna clear coat it i'm just not gonna sand down the lumps of blood where the drip marks are on the edges of the guitar where the red paint coagulates (i think that's the word) so it'll look as if the blood ahs run and then stopped

Comment

yeah dude, if you color sand it, you'll ruin it. bury it in clear.
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I like it! Good job!

Comment

I've named it....The Butcher

Comment

Definitely the best blood splatter I've seen. Nice work.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1
                          Haha that's awesome! Finally a bloodsplatter that actually looks like it has been around a violent killing scene including knives and chainsaws. Not like Jackson's very straight and even splatter jobs i've seen lately.

Good job!
                          +1 it looks great
                          "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

+2 That's the best splatter I've ever seen. Good job!

Comment

Mint paintjob mate!

Comment

Working...
                              X