Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my first ever paint job!! Please tell me what you think!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a very cool splatter!!! The best and most realistic I've ever seen!!

Awesome job!!!...like Sully said...BURY IT IN CLEAR!!!

Comment

Awesome job, what paint did you use?
      www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

believe it or not...most of the stuff for this came from Wilkinson's!! They have everything!! Charvel style star body courtesy of KnE guitars...duncan super distortion, wilkinson locking tuners, Wilkinson vintage trem.....I used nothing more than a spray can of white primer and a pot of red paint, along with a spray can of laquer, of which i've just used the whole can so i don't chip my blood drops too much - red paint applied with a a flick of the wrist and a brush......nowt more...

Comment

Originally posted by IrfaanSE801
          +2 That's the best splatter I've ever seen. Good job!
          +3! the bloodsplatter i've seen any previous guitar is often overdone. that's one's just right. let us see the finished product when it's done.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

will do just waiting to get the neck from the post office tomorrow...i'll put the hardware on tonight once the laquers dried properly

Comment

this does look mean, daaaamn...
              I love it!!! please post some picks once you set it up and everything!!
              tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I LIKE IT

Wrong forum though
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                  I LIKE IT
                  Wow, an unconditional praise from Ron!

Originally posted by RacerX
                  Wrong forum though
                  Guess not! D'OH!
                  Henrik
                  AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

hehe my bad - i figured i could get a bigger ego boost by displaying it here....

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai
                      hehe my bad - i figured i could get a bigger ego boost by displaying it here....

My thoughts exactly when i saw you post here...
                      Henrik

Comment

sonic, how about a link to where i can see those Wilkinson parts and prices? Tried a quick search on http://www.jhs.co.uk/wilkinson.html but couldn't find the body.

I like to see the prices.
                        What neck are you putting on?
                        Henrik

Comment

i got all of these parts off ebay... i think the wilkinson trem was about 40 quid with delivery, the body was by KnE guitars.i got it off ebay for 163 dollars made in US...i think they have a site...the tuners couldn't have been more than 20 quid...

Comment

also how long should i leave my laquer to dry? My can said like 45 mins but i touched it on the back and have a lil bit of a fingerprint - at least its not the front...

Comment

Looking good! Very realistic, nice job!
                              Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

if you used lacquer, you may want to let it sit for a while so it can cure. like a few weeks, at the least. when it doesn't smell like fresh paint anymore, you can move on.
                                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                                Sully Guitars on Google+
                                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X