Hockey Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Playoffs

I'm the first to admit that as a Boston fan I've become disengaged from NHL since we haven't had an NHL quality team in years and years. However, besides the 5 or 10 people that live in Buffalo and Edmonton does anyone else care the least bit about the playoffs? Ducks? WTF!!! can you imagine MLB allowing disney to field a bad-news-bears team?

Carolina has a great team, The ducks play the game great also. they deserve to be where they are. As pissed as I was during the strike I still support the NHL. I can't stop watching a well played game.

Comment

I do. I'm an NHL nut. I love the game of hockey and just because the Detroit Red Wings and Dallas Stars died int he first round doesn't mean I lose interest in the game and playoffs

I'll continue to watch games until the cup is hoisted in June.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

Detroit is out, I am out. I'm a grudge holding little prick and won't watch again until next season.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

In Boston you don't get to see well played games. Not during the year and certainly not in the playoffs. I've focused on college hockey, at least they try hard. I'm sure the Mighty Ducks players have played well and all but a league that marginalizes itself into a marketing tool for a kids' movie has a fatal problem I think. I posted the topic because I was imagining how pitiful a carolina vs. anahiem finals would be.

Comment

The Buffalos will hoist the cup for the first time in 36 years............

Comment

I have no sympathy for you TASH, I'm a Ranger fan and we suck huge balls.
              Carolina ends Buffalo's hot streak, and then cruises through the cup finals.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Yep, Buffalo/Oilers final

Oilers in six.

Comment

NHL puck at it's finest... I stopped caring about who is in the playoffs because the Wild never make them. There was one good year a few years ago during which my hockey crazy family, neighbors, and friends would all call each other during the small hours of the morning when the Wild won in overtime, but after that they started going downhill. Now, it is just great hockey to watch.

One thing that I should mention to all you Oiler's fans is.. hey, where did your goalie come from? I still think we should have kept him.
                  Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                  The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

I love the NHL and watch as often as possible. I'm glad that OLN has been showing a lot of games. I watched maybe 90% of the playoff games so far and plan on watching the Oilers/Ducks game tonight. I'm also a Bruins fan and disappointed that they didn't make it, but hockey is hockey and playoff hockey is even more intense & enjoyable, so I'll watch whoever is playing.

Comment

Originally posted by atomic charvel guy
                      I have no sympathy for you TASH, I'm a Ranger fan and we suck huge balls.
                      Carolina ends Buffalo's hot streak, and then cruises through the cup finals.
                      Ranger fan eh? you're right they do suck huge balls. Seriously though, I thought they were improving this year? I never watched a game but I somehow got that impression from the news and glancing at the standings from time to time. I would look every now and then to laugh (bitterly) about the OT futility streak the B's had going. Oh, well. maybe I'll try to be less like Jimmy B and more like Thor. BTW did Thornton disappear in san jose? Stats were not totally out of line for the team but real low compared to Edmonton players who seem to be scoring alot and spreading it around.

Comment

All my favorite teams are out, Tampa, Ottawa, Colorada, Dallas, Detroit. but I am big fan of Teemu Selanne, so I gotta pull for the MIGHTY DUCKS, they are dropping the "MIGHTY" next year I think, to look a little more professional
                        Last edited by FusionFarmer; 05-20-2006, 07:02 AM.
                        I say the boy ain't right!

Comment

I am a huge Penguins fan, but they aren`t that good except for Crosby. I like how everyone was calling him a whiner and diver early on, that stopped after he proved himself Imagine if he had a real team to work with I bet most of the poeple that called him a diver/whiner would love to have him on their teams now Jack.

Comment

I'll take Crosby in a heartbeat...so would 29 other teams in the league. He's got some moxy for his size to go with the skill
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Amen to that! Wait until next year when they get that amazing Russian kid in rotation(Malkin) - he and Crosby will be lethal together.
                              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Working...
                              X